- Effects of wheelchair posture on patient safetyDeborah Gavin-Dreschnack
James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Patient Safety Research Center of Inquiry VISN 8, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
Rehabil Nurs 29:221-6. 2004....
- Wheelchair-related falls: current evidence and directions for improved quality careDeborah Gavin-Dreschnack
James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Patient Safety Center, 11605 N Nebraska Ave, Tampa, FL 33612, USA
J Nurs Care Qual 20:119-27. 2005..The purpose of this article is to provide an overview of the current data on wheelchair-related falls and to make recommendations for avenues for improved quality of care and future research to promote patient safety...
- Wheelchair-related falls in veterans with spinal cord injury residing in the community: a prospective cohort studyAudrey L Nelson
Health Services Research and Development, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, FL, USA
Arch Phys Med Rehabil 91:1166-73. 2010....
- Technology to promote safe mobility in the elderlyAudrey Nelson
James A Haley VAMC, 11605 N Nebraska Avenue 118M, Tampa, FL 33612 5738, USA
Nurs Clin North Am 39:649-71. 2004..Results from these studies will help to build a business case, demonstrating that initial capital investments will result in cost savings, improved quality of care, and other benefits...
- Fall-related fractures in persons with spinal cord impairment: a descriptive analysisAudrey Nelson
Patient Safety Center of Inquiry, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, Tampa, Florida, USA
SCI Nurs 20:30-7. 2003..Hospital days were most often the result of home inaccessibility, inadequate support at home, or surgical intervention...
- Health care costs for patients with chronic spinal cord injury in the Veterans Health AdministrationDustin D French
VISN 8 Patient Safety Center of Inquiry, James A Haley VA Medical Center, 13000 Bruce B Downs Boulevard 118M Tampa, Florida 33612, USA
J Spinal Cord Med 30:477-81. 2007..The objective of this study was to establish a frame of reference and estimate of the annual direct medical costs associated with health care for a sample of patients with chronic SCI (ie, > 2 years after injury)...
- Patient dignity in persons with spinal cord injuryHeather G Belanger
Patient Safety Center of Inquiry, James A Haley Veterans Hospital, University of South Florida College of Nursing, Tampa, Florida, USA
SCI Nurs 20:25-9. 2003..The purpose of this article is, therefore, to critically review the relevant literature on patient dignity with an aim toward eventual development and validation of a Dignity Assessment Tool...