Jennifer S Funderburk
- Health-related outcomes associated with patterns of risk factors in primary care patientsJennifer S Funderburk
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse Veterans Affairs Medical Center, 800 Irving Ave, 116C, Syracuse, NY, 13210, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 21:10-8. 2014..The findings illustrate one way an EMR can be used to identify clusters of individuals presenting with multiple health risk factors and where the healthcare system comes in contact with them. ..
- Integrating behavioral health services into a university health center: patient and provider satisfactionJennifer S Funderburk
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Fam Syst Health 30:130-40. 2012..Use of integrated BHPs can help university health centers support regular screening for mental and behavioral health issues. Care integration increases access to needed mental health treatment...
- The covariation of multiple risk factors in primary care: a latent class analysisJennifer S Funderburk
Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Syracuse, NY, USA
J Behav Med 31:525-35. 2008..In addition, this study expands on the literature by identifying specific patterns of covariation among different risk factors that suggest avenues for research and program development...
- The description and evaluation of the implementation of an integrated healthcare modelJennifer S Funderburk
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse, NY, USA
Fam Syst Health 28:146-60. 2010..Both studies illustrate a useful method for evaluating the practical implementation of integrated health care models...
- Behavioral health interventions being implemented in a VA primary care systemJennifer S Funderburk
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare 116C, 800 Irving Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
J Clin Psychol Med Settings 18:22-9. 2011..Future research should examine the efficacy of brief interventions in primary care settings...
- Substance use disorders increase the odds of subsequent mood disordersAileen Kenneson
Center for Integrated Healthcare, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA Electronic address
Drug Alcohol Depend 133:338-43. 2013..There is a well-known association between mood disorders and substance use disorders (SUD), but little research has been conducted on SUDs as risk factors for the development of subsequent mood disorders...
- Severity of alcohol problems and readiness to change alcohol use in primary careMarketa Krenek
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, 800 Irving Ave, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Addict Behav 36:512-5. 2011..The AUDIT provides information about alcohol severity and readiness to change, which could be clinically useful for providers identifying patients for brief alcohol interventions...
- Differences in what happens after you screen positive for depression versus hazardous alcohol useJennifer S Funderburk
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse VA Medical Center, 800 Irving Avenue 116C, Syracuse, NY 13210
Mil Med 178:1071-7. 2013..Overall, these data suggest that many opportunities are missed, especially in regards to hazardous alcohol use, for prevention and intervention. ..
- Evaluation of the PHQ-9 Item 3 as a screen for sleep disturbance in primary careKristin L MacGregor
Department of Psychology, Syracuse University, 430 Huntington Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
J Gen Intern Med 27:339-44. 2012..Sleep disturbance is a significant problem for adults presenting to primary care. Though it is recommended that primary care providers screen for sleep problems, a brief, effective screening tool is not available...
- Use of the social competence interview and the anger transcendence challenge in individuals with alcohol use disorderStephen A Maisto
Department of Psychology and Center for Health and Behavior, Syracuse University, 430 Huntington Hall, Syracuse, NY 13244, USA
J Behav Med 32:285-93. 2009....
- Risk factors for secondary substance use disorders in people with childhood and adolescent-onset bipolar disorder: opportunities for preventionAileen Kenneson
Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Compr Psychiatry 54:439-46. 2013..The purposes of this study were to describe the population of people with childhood and adolescent-onset primary bipolar disorder, and to identify risk factors for secondary SUD in this population...
- Developing a measure of provider adherence to improve the implementation of behavioral health services in primary care: a Delphi studyGregory P Beehler
VA Center for Integrated Healthcare, VA WNY Healthcare System, Buffalo, NY, USA
Implement Sci 8:19. 2013..This study aimed to develop the first self-report measure of behavioral health provider adherence for co-located, collaborative care, a commonly adopted model of behavioral health service delivery in primary care...
- Identifying classes of veterans with multiple risk factorsJennifer S Funderburk
Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse Veteran s Affairs Medical Center, 800 Irving Avenue 116C, Syracuse, NY 13210
Mil Med 179:1119-26. 2014..However, future research is needed to examine the current interventions offered and potential avenues where risk factors may be addressed simultaneously. ..
- Clinical Course of Alcohol Use in Veterans Following an AUDIT-C Positive ScreenJennifer S Funderburk
Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse VA Medical Center, 800 Irving Avenue 116C, Syracuse, NY 13210
Mil Med 179:1198-206. 2014..These results suggest that there are specific classes of patients who are less likely to change their alcohol use following a positive screen, especially those patients who report engaging in heavy drinking. ..
- Brief alcohol interventions and multiple risk factors in primary careJennifer S Funderburk
Center for Integrated Healthcare, Syracuse VAMC, 800 Irving Ave 116C, Syracuse, NY 13210, USA
Subst Abus 28:93-105. 2007..It is important for future research to expand brief alcohol interventions to include other risk factors as well...
- Insomnia treatment experience and preferences among veterans affairs primary care patientsRobyn L Shepardson
Center for Integrated Healthcare 116C, Syracuse VA Medical Center, 800 Irving Avenue, Syracuse, NY 13210
Mil Med 179:1072-6. 2014..The majority of Veterans preferred individual treatment and strategies other than medication. ..