Carol M Moinpour
Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Do general dimensions of quality of life add clinical value to symptom data?Carol M Moinpour
Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center M3 C102, 1100 Fairview Ave North Box 19024, Seattle, WA, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst Monogr . 2007..In addition, identifying the rate at which a person's GHRQL changes or responds to treatment provides clinically relevant information...
- Health-related quality-of-life findings for the prostate cancer prevention trialCarol M Moinpour
Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, M3 C102 1100 Fairview Ave North, PO Box 19024 Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 104:1373-85. 2012....
- Evaluating health-related quality-of-life therapeutic effectiveness in a clinical trial with extensive nonignorable missing data and heterogeneous response: results from a phase III randomized trial of gemcitabine plus paclitaxel versus paclitaxel monotheCarol M Moinpour
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center M3 C102, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, P O Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Qual Life Res 21:765-75. 2012..This manuscript presents health-related quality of life (HRQL) results from a phase III trial of gemcitabine-paclitaxel (GT) versus paclitaxel (T) in metastatic breast cancer patients...
- Funding patient-reported outcomes in cancer clinical trialsCarol M Moinpour
Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98104 1024, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:5100-5. 2007....
- Chemotherapeutic impact on pain and global health-related quality of life in hormone-refractory prostate cancer: Dynamically Modified Outcomes (DYNAMO) analysis of a randomized controlled trialCarol M Moinpour
Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center, Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Qual Life Res 18:147-55. 2009..This paper applies the Dynamically Modified Outcomes (DYNAMO) model to a clinical trial of two chemotherapeutic regimens on global health-related quality of life (GHRQL) in hormone-refractory prostate cancer...
- Longitudinal analysis of sexual function reported by men in the Prostate Cancer Prevention TrialCarol M Moinpour
Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center M3 C102, 1100 Fairview Ave North, Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 99:1025-35. 2007..The PCPT offered an opportunity to prospectively study the effects of finasteride and other covariates on sexual dysfunction...
- Pain and emotional well-being outcomes in Southwest Oncology Group-directed intergroup trial S0205: a phase III study comparing gemcitabine plus cetuximab versus gemcitabine as first-line therapy in patients with advanced pancreas cancerCarol M Moinpour
Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center, Seattle, WA 98105, USA
J Clin Oncol 28:3611-6. 2010..S0205 was a randomized clinical trial that compared the therapeutic impact of gemcitabine versus gemcitabine plus cetuximab. Study results for patient-reported health-related quality of life (HRQL) outcomes are reported...
- Patient preferences and urologist recommendations among local-stage prostate cancer patients who present for initial consultation and second opinionsScott D Ramsey
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave North, M3 B232, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
World J Urol 29:3-9. 2011..We hypothesized that urologists present a wider range of management recommendations and are less likely to consider the patient preference during the initial consultation...
- Provider and partner interactions in the treatment decision-making process for newly diagnosed localized prostate cancerSteven B Zeliadt
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, University of Washington, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
BJU Int 108:851-6; discussion 856-7. 2011..To evaluate the degree to which the partners of prostate cancer patients participate in the shared decision-making process with the patients' providers during the time between diagnosis and initiating treatment...
- Impact of prostate cancer on sexual relationships: a longitudinal perspective on intimate partners' experiencesScott D Ramsey
Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
J Sex Med 10:3135-43. 2013....
- Quality of life and pain in advanced stage prostate cancer: results of a Southwest Oncology Group randomized trial comparing docetaxel and estramustine to mitoxantrone and prednisoneDonna L Berry
University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195 7266, USA
J Clin Oncol 24:2828-35. 2006..While Southwest Oncology Group trial 99-16 demonstrated a survival improvement of DE over MP, the study also was designed to compare the palliation of disease-related symptoms...
- Patient income level and cancer clinical trial participationJoseph M Unger
SWOG Statistical Center, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, M3 C102, 1100 Fairview Ave, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Clin Oncol 31:536-42. 2013..Studies have shown an association between socioeconomic status (SES) and quality of oncology care, but less is known about the impact of patient SES on clinical trial participation...
- A prospective analysis of the influence of older age on physician and patient decision-making when considering enrollment in breast cancer clinical trials (SWOG S0316)Sara H Javid
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, University of Washington Medical Center, 1959 NE Pacific St, Seattle, WA 98195 6410, USA
Oncologist 17:1180-90. 2012..Patients older than 65 years are underrepresented in clinical trials. We conducted a prospective study (SWOG S0316) to determine physician- and patient-perceived barriers to breast cancer clinical trial enrollment for older patients...
- Health-related quality of life results in pathologic stage C prostate cancer from a Southwest Oncology Group trial comparing radical prostatectomy alone with radical prostatectomy plus radiation therapyCarol M Moinpour
Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:112-20. 2008..To compare short- and long-term effects of adjuvant treatment versus observation after surgery on health-related quality of life (HRQL) of prostate cancer patients...
- Seven-year follow-up for energy/vitality outcomes in early stage Hodgkin's disease patients treated with subtotal lymphoid irradiation versus chemotherapy plus radiation: SWOG S9133 and its QOL companion study, S9208Carol M Moinpour
Public Health Sciences Division, SWOG Statistical Center, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, M3 C102 P O Box 19024, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA, 98109 1024, USA
J Cancer Surviv . 2016..Survivorship research questions involved the extent to which symptoms/side effects endured over a follow-up period of 7 years for this early-stage patient group...
- Preliminary treatment considerations among men with newly diagnosed prostate cancerSteven B Zeliadt
Health Services Research and Development Center of Excellence, VA Puget Sound Health Care System, Seattle, WA, USA
Am J Manag Care 16:e121-30. 2010..To assess factors that may influence men's preference for surgery versus nonsurgical options among newly diagnosed patients considering treatments for local-stage prostate cancer...
- The challenge of measuring intra-individual change in fatigue during cancer treatmentCarol M Moinpour
Public Health Sciences Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Emerita, Seattle, WA, USA
Qual Life Res . 2016..To evaluate how well three different patient-reported outcomes (PROs) measure individual change...
- Economic analysis of vinorelbine plus cisplatin versus paclitaxel plus carboplatin for advanced non-small-cell lung cancerScott D Ramsey
Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 94:291-7. 2002..There were no statistically significant differences in survival or cancer-related quality of life between the treatment arms...
- Identifying Severe Adverse Event Clusters Using the National Cancer Institute's Common Terminology Criteria for Adverse EventsXiaobo Zhong
Columbia University, New York, NY and Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA
J Oncol Pract 12:e270-80, 245-6. 2016....
- Randomized Multicenter Placebo-Controlled Trial of Omega-3 Fatty Acids for the Control of Aromatase Inhibitor-Induced Musculoskeletal Pain: SWOG S0927Dawn L Hershman
Dawn L Hershman, Katherine D Crew, Danielle Awad, and Heather Greenlee, Columbia University Medical Center, New York, NY Joseph M Unger, Danika L Lew, and Cathee Till, Southwest Oncology Group Statistical Center Joseph M Unger, Julie Gralow, Danika L Lew, Cathee Till, and Carol M Moinpour, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA Shaker R Dakhil, Cancer Center of Kansas, Wichita, KS Lori M Minasian, National Cancer Institute, Bethesda, MD James L Wade III, Central Illinois Community Clinical Oncology Program Cancer Care Specialists of Central Illinois, Decatur, IL and Frank L Meyskens, University of California at Irvine, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, Orange, CA
J Clin Oncol 33:1910-7. 2015..Omega-3 fatty acids (O3-FAs) can be effective in decreasing arthralgia resulting from rheumatologic conditions and reducing serum triglycerides...
- Recruiting patients with breast cancer and their families to behavioral research in the post-HIPAA periodDeborah J Bowen
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 34:1049-54. 2007....
- Designing the Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial (SELECT)Scott M Lippman
The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, TX 77030 4009, USA
J Natl Cancer Inst 97:94-102. 2005....
- Learning to live with missing quality-of-life data in advanced-stage disease trialsGary W Donaldson
J Clin Oncol 23:7380-4. 2005
- Sequential vinorelbine and docetaxel in advanced non-small cell lung cancer patients age 70 and older and/or with a performance status of 2: a phase II trial of the Southwest Oncology Group (S0027)Paul J Hesketh
Caritas St Elizabeth s Medical Center of Boston, Boston, MA, USA
J Thorac Oncol 1:537-44. 2006....
- Assessing meaningful change in quality of life over time: a users' guide for cliniciansMirjam A G Sprangers
Department of Medical Psychology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Mayo Clin Proc 77:561-71. 2002....
- Individual differences in quality-of-life treatment responseGary W Donaldson
Department of Anesthesiology, Pain Research Center, School of Medicine, University of Utah, Salt Lake City 84108, USA
Med Care 40:III39-53. 2002..A pharmacogenetic example shows how individual differences in drug metabolism can directly affect health-related quality-of-life treatment outcomes such as pain and physical functioning...
- Health status and quality of life in patients with early-stage Hodgkin's disease treated on Southwest Oncology Group Study 9133Patricia A Ganz
University of California, Los Angeles, Los Angeles, CA, USA
J Clin Oncol 21:3512-9. 2003....
- Social networks and quality of life among female long-term colorectal cancer survivorsAmy L Sapp
University of Wisconsin Comprehensive Cancer Center, Madison, Wisconsin 53726, USA
Cancer 98:1749-58. 2003..The current study examines female long-term colorectal cancer survivors' health-related quality of life (HRQoL) in relation to social networks...
- Phase II trial of vinorelbine for relapsed ovarian cancer: a Southwest Oncology Group studyMace L Rothenberg
Vanderbilt Ingram Cancer Center, 777 Preston Research Building, Nashville, TN 37232 6307, USA
Gynecol Oncol 95:506-12. 2004....
- Data pooling and analysis to build a preliminary item bank: an example using bowel function in prostate cancerDavid T Eton
Northwestern University School of Medicine, Evanston, IL 60201, USA
Eval Health Prof 28:142-59. 2005..A fifth item assessing hemorrhoids was poorly correlated with other items. Our analyses supported four related components of BF: diarrhea, rectal urgency, pain, and bother/distress...
- Erectile dysfunction and subsequent cardiovascular diseaseIan M Thompson
Department of Urology, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, San Antonio, TX 78229, USA
JAMA 294:2996-3002. 2005..The risk factors for cardiovascular disease and erectile dysfunction are similar...
- Phase III randomized placebo-controlled trial of two doses of megestrol acetate as treatment for menopausal symptoms in women with breast cancer: Southwest Oncology Group Study 9626J Wendall Goodwin
Cancer Research for the Ozarks, 1730 E Republic Rd, Suite V, Springfield, MO 65804, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1650-6. 2008..Prior progestin studies treating hot flashes in women have been short duration and single dose. This study tests the progestin megestrol acetate (MA) at two doses versus placebo over 6 months...
- Late cardiac effects of adjuvant chemotherapy in breast cancer survivors treated on Southwest Oncology Group protocol s8897Patricia A Ganz
School of Medicine, Jonsson Comprehensive Cancer Center, University of California, Los Angeles, 650 Charles Young Dr South, Room A2 125 CHS, Los Angeles, CA 90095 6900, USA
J Clin Oncol 26:1223-30. 2008..The late cardiac effects of adjuvant anthracycline therapy in survivors of early-stage breast cancer have had limited study. Subclinical and clinical cardiac late effects may contribute to added comorbidity over time...