Genomes and Genes
L A Milner
Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Notch as a mediator of cell fate determination in hematopoiesis: evidence and speculationL A Milner
The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 93:2431-48. 1999
- Absence of major histocompatibility class II expression does not impair hematopoiesis in miceA I Benito
Program in Human Immunogenetics, Clinical Research Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Exp Hematol 29:1070-5. 2001..We examined the role of MHC II antigens during hematopoiesis using a mouse model of MHC II deficiency related to the absence of the critical transcriptional activator, CIITA...
- Notch1 and Notch2 inhibit myeloid differentiation in response to different cytokinesA Bigas
The Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Mol Cell Biol 18:2324-33. 1998..These findings suggest that the multiple forms of Notch found in mammals have structural differences that allow their function to be modulated by specific differentiation signals...
- Bone marrow transplantation for children less than 2 years of age with acute myelogenous leukemia or myelodysplastic syndromeA E Woolfrey
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and University of Washington Departments of Pediatrics and Medicine, Seattle, WA, USA
Blood 92:3546-56. 1998..In addition, allogeneic BMT provides effective therapy for the majority of infants with MDS...
- Embryonic lethality in mice homozygous for a processing-deficient allele of Notch1S S Huppert
Department of Molecular Biology and Pharmacology, Washington University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63110, USA
Nature 405:966-70. 2000..Our results show that efficient intramembranous processing of Notch1 is indispensable for embryonic viability and proper early embryonic development in vivo...
- A human homologue of the Drosophila developmental gene, Notch, is expressed in CD34+ hematopoietic precursorsL A Milner
Pediatric Oncology Program, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109
Blood 83:2057-62. 1994..These findings, together with the known role of Notch homologues in other systems, suggest that members of the Notch family, including TAN-1, may be involved in mediating cell-fate decisions during hematopoiesis...
- The human homolog of rat Jagged1 expressed by marrow stroma inhibits differentiation of 32D cells through interaction with Notch1L Li
Stower Institute for Medical Research, Department of Molecular Biotechnology, University of Washington, Seattle 98195, USA
Immunity 8:43-55. 1998..These observations suggest that hJagged1 may function as a ligand for Notch1 and play a role in mediating cell fate decisions during hematopoiesis...
- Inhibition of granulocytic differentiation by mNotch1L A Milner
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, University of Washington School of Medicine, Seattle 98104, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 93:13014-9. 1996....
- Phosphorylation of Ser2078 modulates the Notch2 function in 32D cell differentiationJ Ingles-Esteve
Centre Oncologia Molecular, Institut de Recerca Oncologica Hospitalet, Barcelona 08907, Spain
J Biol Chem 276:44873-80. 2001..Our results further indicate that Ser(2078) is a critical residue for phosphorylation and modulation of Notch2 activity in the context of G-CSF-induced differentiation of 32D cells...
- Osteoblastic cells regulate the haematopoietic stem cell nicheL M Calvi
Endocrine Unit, Department of Medicine, Center for Human Genetics and Molecular Pediatric Disease, University of Rochester School of Medicine, Rochester, New York 14642, USA
Nature 425:841-6. 2003..Niche constituent cells or signalling pathways provide pharmacological targets with therapeutic potential for stem-cell-based therapies...