Jean A McDougall
Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- The Clinical and Economic Impacts of Skeletal-Related Events Among Medicare Enrollees With Prostate Cancer Metastatic to BoneJean A McDougall
Pharmaceutical Outcomes Research and Policy Program, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA Hutchinson Institute for Cancer Outcomes Research, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
Oncologist 21:320-6. 2016..Accurate assessment of their effect on survival, health care resource utilization (HCRU), and cost may elucidate the value of interventions to prevent SREs...
- Long-term statin use and risk of ductal and lobular breast cancer among women 55 to 74 years of ageJean A McDougall
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, M4 C308, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 22:1529-37. 2013..However, results of epidemiologic studies investigating statin use and breast cancer risk have been inconsistent and lacked the ability to evaluate long-term statin use...
- Timing of menarche and first birth in relation to risk of breast cancer in A-bomb survivorsJean A McDougall
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Health Sciences F 263, Box 357236, Seattle, WA 98195 7236, USA
Cancer Epidemiol Biomarkers Prev 19:1746-54. 2010....
- Trends in distant-stage breast, colorectal, and prostate cancer incidence rates from 1992 to 2004: potential influences of screening and hormonal factorsJean A McDougall
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington School of Public Health, Seattle, WA 98195 7236, USA
Horm Cancer 1:55-62. 2010..AAs is likely a primary contributor to the observed widening disparity. Wider recognition of AA race as a prostate cancer risk factor may contribute to the narrowing disparity in the incidence of disease...
- Estrogen receptor, progesterone receptor, and HER2-neu expression in first primary breast cancers and risk of second primary contralateral breast cancerBabette Siebold Saltzman
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 135:849-55. 2012..9-2.3) elevated risks of developing CBC, respectively. Beyond the known higher risks of mortality among patients diagnosed with more aggressive BC subtypes, here, we observe that they may also have increased risks of developing CBC...
- Evaluation of seasonality in the diagnosis of acute myeloid leukaemia among adults in the United States, 1992-2008Gregory S Calip
Department of Epidemiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Br J Haematol 160:343-50. 2013..There is growing evidence of seasonality in AML diagnosis, particularly among older persons and men. Investigation of specific seasonal risk factors would be informative in explaining the aetiology behind the observed variation...
- Racial and ethnic disparities in cervical cancer incidence rates in the United States, 1992-2003Jean A McDougall
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Division of Public Health Sciences, Cancer Epidemiology Research Cooperative Studies M4 C308, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Causes Control 18:1175-86. 2007..Differences in cervical cancer incidence rates by race/ethnicity persist in the United States. We examined these differences by histologic type and by various patient and socioeconomic characteristics...
- Relationship between radiation exposure and risk of second primary cancers among atomic bomb survivorsChristopher I Li
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Departments of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Cancer Res 70:7187-98. 2010..Radiation is a potent carcinogen and those with substantial exposures who are diagnosed with a first primary cancer should be carefully screened for second primary cancers, particularly for cancers that are radiation-sensitive...