Genomes and Genes
Kerry J Laing
Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- A genomic view of the NOD-like receptor family in teleost fish: identification of a novel NLR subfamily in zebrafishKerry J Laing
Department of Pathobiology, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington 98195, USA
BMC Evol Biol 8:42. 2008....
- In situ detection of Gag-specific CD8+ cells in the GI tract of SIV infected Rhesus macaquesAnnelie Tjernlund
Vaccine and Infectious Disease Institute, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Retrovirology 7:12. 2010..SIV and HIV predominantly replicate in lymphoid tissue, but the study of virus specific CD8+ T cells in intact lymphoid tissue is difficult, as traditional in situ tetramer staining requires fresh tissue...
- Immunity to fish rhabdovirusesMaureen K Purcell
Western Fisheries Research Center, United States Geological Survey, 6505 NE 65th St, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
Viruses 4:140-66. 2012....
- Zoster Vaccination Increases the Breadth of CD4+ T Cells Responsive to Varicella Zoster VirusKerry J Laing
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle
J Infect Dis 212:1022-31. 2015..Boost of varicella zoster virus (VZV)-specific cellular immunity is a likely mechanism of action. We examined memory CD4(+) T-cell responses to each VZV protein at baseline and after zoster vaccination...
- Virologic and immunologic evidence of multifocal genital herpes simplex virus 2 infectionChristine Johnston
Department of Medicine, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Virol 88:4921-31. 2014..These data provide evidence that asymptomatic HSV-2 shedding contributes to chronic inflammation throughout the genital tract...
- Fish T cells: recent advances through genomicsKerry J Laing
Vaccine and Infectious Diseases Division, Fred Hutchinson Cancer, Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 35:1282-95. 2011..Although there is still a long way to go, major advances have occurred in recent years for investigating T cell responses, thus phenotypic and functional characterization is on the near horizon...
- Molecular and biochemical analysis of rainbow trout LCK suggests a conserved mechanism for T-cell signaling in gnathostomesKerry J Laing
Department of Pathobiology, University of Washington, Seattle, WA 98195, USA
Mol Immunol 44:2737-48. 2007....
- Characterization of the interferon genes in homozygous rainbow trout reveals two novel genes, alternate splicing and differential regulation of duplicated genesMaureen K Purcell
US Geological Survey, Western Fisheries Research Center, 6505 NE 65th St, Seattle, WA 98034, USA
Fish Shellfish Immunol 26:293-304. 2009..The specificity of the qRT-PCR assays reported here will be useful for future studies aimed at identifying which cells produce IFNs at early time points after infection...
- Description of an elasmobranch TCR coreceptor: CD8α from Rhinobatos productusJohn D Hansen
U S Geological Survey, Western Fisheries Research Center, Seattle, WA 98115, USA
Dev Comp Immunol 35:452-60. 2011....
- Peripheral blood CD4 T-cell and plasmacytoid dendritic cell (pDC) reactivity to herpes simplex virus 2 and pDC number do not correlate with the clinical or virologic severity of recurrent genital herpesNicholas J Moss
Department of Medicine, Division of Allergy and Infectious Diseases, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
J Virol 86:9952-63. 2012..These data suggest that other immune cell subsets with alternate phenotypes or anatomical locations may be responsible for genital herpes control in chronically infected individuals...
- Evolution of the CD4 family: teleost fish possess two divergent forms of CD4 in addition to lymphocyte activation gene-3Kerry J Laing
Department of Pathobiology, University of Washington, Seattle WA 98195, USA
J Immunol 177:3939-51. 2006....
- Protective HIV-specific CD8+ T cells evade Treg cell suppressionShokrollah Elahi
Viral Vaccine Program, Seattle Biomedical Research Institute Seattle Biomed, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Med 17:989-95. 2011..This study uncovers a previously unknown explanation for why HLA-B*27 and HLA-B*57 allele groups are associated with delayed HIV-1 disease progression...
- A CXC chemokine sequence isolated from the rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykiss resembles the closely related interferon-gamma-inducible chemokines CXCL9, CXCL10 and CXCL11Kerry J Laing
Dept of Zoology, University of Aberdeen, Scotland
Eur Cytokine Netw 13:462-73. 2002..Intraperitoneal injection of recombinant trout TNF-alpha caused elevation in gammaIP mRNA levels in trout head kidney...
- ChemokinesKerry J Laing
Scottish Fish Immunology Research Centre, School of Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Zoology Building, Tillydrone Avenue, Aberdeen AB24 2TZ, UK
Dev Comp Immunol 28:443-60. 2004..This review aims to bring together the current information concerning identified chemokines throughout vertebrates and microorganisms...
- Trout CC chemokines: comparison of their sequences and expression patternsKerry J Laing
Scottish Fish Immunology Research Centre, Zoology Building, School of Biological Sciences, University of Aberdeen, Tillydrone Avenue, Aberdeen AB24 2TZ, Scotland, UK
Mol Immunol 41:793-808. 2004..However, induction of some of the chemokines structurally related to 'inducible' CC chemokines was observed in a trout macrophage-like cell line (RTS-11) in response to stimulation with recombinant TNFalpha...
- Identification and analysis of an interleukin 8-like molecule in rainbow trout Oncorhynchus mykissKerry J Laing
Department of Zoology, University of Aberdeen, Tillydrone Avenue, Aberdeen, Scotland AB24 2TZ, UK
Dev Comp Immunol 26:433-44. 2002....