Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- Identifying optimal biomarker combinations for treatment selection through randomized controlled trialsYing Huang
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA Department of Biostatistics, University of Washington, Seattle, WA, USA
Clin Trials 12:348-56. 2015..Our aim in this article is to further extend the algorithm to allow for variable selection in the presence of a large number of candidate markers...
- Characterizing expected benefits of biomarkers in treatment selectionYing Huang
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue N, Seattle WA, 98109, USA
Biostatistics 16:383-99. 2015..We illustrate our methods using the Diabetes Control and Complications Trial where we evaluate the expected benefit of baseline hemoglobin A1C in selecting diabetes treatment. ..
- Factors relating to eating style, social desirability, body image and eating meals at home increase the precision of calibration equations correcting self-report measures of diet using recovery biomarkers: findings from the Women's Health InitiativeYasmin Mossavar-Rahmani
Department of Epidemiology and Population Health, Division of Health Promotion and Nutrition Research, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, Bronx, NY 10461, USA
Nutr J 12:63. 2013..The extent to which psychosocial and diet behavior factors affect dietary self-report remains unclear. We examine the contribution of these factors to measurement error of self-report...
- Design and estimation for evaluating principal surrogate markers in vaccine trialsYing Huang
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Biometrics 69:301-9. 2013....
- Assessing treatment-selection markers using a potential outcomes frameworkYing Huang
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, 98109, USA
Biometrics 68:687-96. 2012..Finally, we illustrate the methods using an HIV vaccine trial where we explore the value of the level of preexisting immunity to adenovirus serotype 5 for predicting a vaccine-induced increase in the risk of HIV acquisition...
- Genetic variants in the MRPS30 region and postmenopausal breast cancer riskYing Huang
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Divisions of Public Health Sciences, and Vaccine and Infectious Diseases, 1100 Fairview Avenue North, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Genome Med 3:42. 2011..Genotype by environment interactions may contribute further to such explanation, and may help to refine the genomic regions of interest...
- Comparing biomarkers as principal surrogate endpointsYing Huang
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Vaccine and Infectious Disease Division, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Biometrics 67:1442-51. 2011..The methodology is illustrated using a simulated example set and a real data set in the context of HIV vaccine trials...
- A parametric ROC model-based approach for evaluating the predictiveness of continuous markers in case-control studiesY Huang
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center Public Health Sciences, 1100 Fairview Avenue N, Seattle, Washington 98109 1024, USA
Biometrics 65:1133-44. 2009..We apply the methods to prostate-specific antigen (PSA), a marker for predicting risk of prostate cancer...
- The two-sample problem with induced dependent censorshipY Huang
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Biometrics 55:1108-13. 1999..Simulation studies demonstrate that the proposed tests, with a wide range of weight choices, perform well under moderate sample sizes...
- Expressing estimators of expected quality adjusted survival as functions of Nelson-Aalen estimatorsY Huang
Division of Public Health Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Lifetime Data Anal 5:199-212. 1999..Monte Carlo studies show that these estimation procedures perform well for practical sample sizes. We illustrate the methods using data from a national, multicenter AIDS clinical trial...