Affiliation: Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center
- The budding yeast Ipl1/Aurora protein kinase regulates mitotic spindle disassemblyStéphanie Buvelot
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
J Cell Biol 160:329-39. 2003..We propose that Ipl1p regulates both the kinetochore and interpolar microtubule plus ends to regulate its various mitotic functions...
- The structure of purified kinetochores reveals multiple microtubule-attachment sitesShane Gonen
Howard Hughes Medical Institute, Department of Biochemistry, University of Washington, Seattle, Washington, USA
Nat Struct Mol Biol 19:925-9. 2012..Our data, showing that kinetochores bind to microtubules via multivalent attachments, lay the foundation to uncover the key mechanical and regulatory mechanisms by which kinetochores control chromosome segregation and cell division...
- The Mub1/Ubr2 ubiquitin ligase complex regulates the conserved Dsn1 kinetochore proteinBungo Akiyoshi
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington, USA
PLoS Genet 9:e1003216. 2013..We propose that Mub1/Ubr2 are part of a quality control system that monitors kinetochore integrity, thus ensuring genomic stability...
- Genes involved in sister chromatid separation and segregation in the budding yeast Saccharomyces cerevisiaeS Biggins
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, 94143, USA
Genetics 159:453-70. 2001..We also report an initial characterization of phenotypes associated with the SMT3/SUMO gene and the isolation of WSS1, a high-copy smt3 suppressor...
- The budding yeast protein kinase Ipl1/Aurora allows the absence of tension to activate the spindle checkpointS Biggins
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington 98109, USA
Genes Dev 15:3118-29. 2001..Ipl1p localizes at or near kinetochores during mitosis, and we propose that Ipl1p is required to monitor tension at the kinetochore...
- Captivating capture: how microtubules attach to kinetochoresSue Biggins
Division of Basic Sciences, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, PO Box 19024, 1100 Fairview Ave North, A2 168, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Curr Biol 13:R449-60. 2003..Here we discuss current progress in determining how kinetochores assemble and attach to MTs during mitosis as well as how they correct errors...
- The conserved protein kinase Ipl1 regulates microtubule binding to kinetochores in budding yeastS Biggins
Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, California 94143 0444, USA
Genes Dev 13:532-44. 1999..Because aurora2 has been implicated in oncogenesis, defects in kinetochore function may contribute to genetic instability in human tumors...
- Sister chromatid cohesion in mitosisS Biggins
513 Parnassus Avenue, Box 0444, Department of Physiology, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, California 94143 0444, USA
Curr Opin Genet Dev 9:230-6. 1999..Proteins that induce and regulate the separation of sister chromatids have also been recently identified. (This review is an updated version of one that was published in Current Opinion in Cell Biology 1998, 10:769-775.)..