John L Frater
- Biphenotypic acute leukemia with coexpression of CD79a and markers of myeloid lineageJohn L Frater
Department of Pathology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital and Northwestern University Medical School, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Arch Pathol Lab Med 127:356-9. 2003..We describe an unusual case of acute leukemia meeting the criteria for biphenotypic acute leukemia in which CD79a expression was observed in the blast population...
- Cutaneous Rosai-Dorfman disease: comprehensive review of cases reported in the medical literature since 1990 and presentation of an illustrative caseJohn L Frater
Department of Pathology, St Louis University School of Medicine, MO 63104, and Department of Internal Medicine, Michael Reece Hospital, Chicago, IL, USA
J Cutan Med Surg 10:281-90. 2006..Since then, much progress has been made in the understanding of malignant lymphoma and benign disorders of lymphoid and histiocytic origin...
- Histiocytic sarcoma with secondary involvement of the skin and expression of CD1a: evidence of indeterminate cell differentiation?John L Frater
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
J Cutan Pathol 33:437-42. 2006....
- Lymphoblastic leukemia with mature B-cell phenotype in infancyJohn L Frater
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, St Louis, Missouri 63104, USA
J Pediatr Hematol Oncol 26:672-7. 2004..The authors describe an infant with mature B-cell lymphoblastic leukemia with an mll rearrangement and L1/L2 cytomorphology and discuss the clinical, genetic, and immunophenotypic features in the context of previously reported cases...
- Lymphoplasmacytic lymphoma/Waldenström macroglobulinemia with inv(16)(p13q22) as a sole genetic abnormalityJohn L Frater
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, 1402 South Grant Blvd, St Louis, MO 63104, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 174:161-5. 2007..We review the literature and discuss the possible role of this genetic lesion in B-cell neoplasia...
- Dysregulated angiogenesis in B-chronic lymphocytic leukemia: morphologic, immunohistochemical, and flow cytometric evidenceJohn L Frater
Department of Pathology, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, USA
Diagn Pathol 3:16. 2008..The extent of enhanced bone marrow angiogenesis in chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL) and relationship to proangiogenic factors and prognostic indicators is largely unexplored...
- Chronic myeloid leukemia following therapy with imatinib mesylate (Gleevec). Bone marrow histopathology and correlation with genetic statusJohn L Frater
Department of Pathology, Northwestern Memorial Hospital, Northwestern University Feinberg School of Medicine, Chicago, IL, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 119:833-41. 2003..Although all patients demonstrated an initial decrease in bone marrow cellularity after imatinib mesylate therapy, continued follow-up showed that histopathologic findings correlated with genetic response...
- Cutaneous mantle cell lymphoma: a clinicopathologic review of 10 casesAlejandro A Gru
Department of Pathology, Divisions of Dermatopathology and Hematopathology, University of Virginia, Charlottesville, VA, USA
J Cutan Pathol 43:1112-1120. 2016..44. While nine out of 10 cases expressed cyclin-D1, one case was not positive for cyclin-D1 but did label with SOX-11. Limited cytogenetic data showed trisomy 14 in one case, in addition to the t(11;14) translocation...
- Deletion of MYC and presence of double minutes with MYC amplification in a morphologic acute promyelocytic leukemia-like case lacking RARA rearrangement: could early exclusion of double-minute chromosomes be a prognostic factor?John L Frater
Department of Pathology, Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Health Sciences Center, MO 63104 1095, USA
Cancer Genet Cytogenet 166:139-45. 2006..Excessive exclusion of dmin was observed at the initial diagnosis. These findings are compared to the few cases previously reported in the literature...
- Phase II trial of arsenic trioxide in relapsed and refractory acute myeloid leukemia, secondary leukemia and/or newly diagnosed patients at least 65 years oldSimrit Parmar
Division of Hematology Oncology, Northwestern University, Feinberg School of Medicine, Robert H Lurie Comprehensive Cancer Center, 676 N St Clair Street, Suite 850, Chicago, IL 60611, USA
Leuk Res 28:909-19. 2004..All subjects had progressive disease. There was no direct treatment-related mortality. Based on this study, we do not recommend single agent ATO as a treatment option for AML...
- Rasmussen encephalitis: a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical study of seven patientsRichard A Prayson
Department of Anatomic Pathology, Cleveland Clinic Foundation, OH 44195, USA
Am J Clin Pathol 117:776-82. 2002..The pathologicfindings may be only focally present, and missed, if diagnosis is made or confirmed with biopsy alone. Most lymphoid cells have a T-cell immunophenotype, with a predominance of CD8+ cells in most cases...