Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- The molecular pathogenesis of gastrointestinal stromal tumorsChi Tarn
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Clin Colorectal Cancer 6:S7-17. 2006..This article will discuss the molecular basis of pathogenesis and genetic and genomic alterations that contribute to GIST tumorigenesis and disease progression as well as the heterogeneity of this disease...
- Insulin-like growth factor 1 receptor is a potential therapeutic target for gastrointestinal stromal tumorsChi Tarn
Departments of Medical Oncology and Pathology and Human Genetics Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:8387-92. 2008....
- Molecular research directions in the management of gastrointestinal stromal tumorsChi Tarn
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Curr Treat Options Oncol 6:473-86. 2005..As with most recent efforts to derive novel molecular target therapies to treat cancer, improved therapy of GIST will continue to benefit from advances in the molecular characterization of this disease...
- Therapeutic effect of imatinib in gastrointestinal stromal tumors: AKT signaling dependent and independent mechanismsChi Tarn
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19111, USA
Cancer Res 66:5477-86. 2006....
- High density DNA array analysis reveals distinct genomic profiles in a subset of gastrointestinal stromal tumorsMartin G Belinsky
Department of Medical Oncology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111 2497, USA
Genes Chromosomes Cancer 48:886-96. 2009..These results suggest that GISTs without activating kinase mutations, whether pediatric or adult, generally exhibit a much lower level of cytogenetic progression than that observed in mutant GISTs...
- Analysis of KIT mutations in sporadic and familial gastrointestinal stromal tumors: therapeutic implications through protein modelingChi Tarn
Department of Medical Oncology, Basic Sciences, and Pathology, Fox Case Cancer Center, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Clin Cancer Res 11:3668-77. 2005..In this study, KIT and PDGFRalpha mutation status was analyzed and protein modeling approaches were used to assess the potential effect of KIT mutations in response to imatinib therapy...
- Hepatitis B virus X protein differentially regulates cell cycle progression in X-transforming versus nontransforming hepatocyte (AML12) cell linesSook Lee
Department of Basic Medical Sciences, Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana 47907 1246, USA
J Biol Chem 277:8730-40. 2002..We propose that in 4pX-1 cells, pX deregulates the G(2)/M checkpoint, thus rescuing cells from pX-mediated apoptosis...