John B Burch
Affiliation: Fox Chase Cancer Center
- Regulation of GATA gene expression during vertebrate developmentJohn B E Burch
Cell and Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, 333 Cottman Avenue, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Semin Cell Dev Biol 16:71-81. 2005..These enhancers also afford a raft of tools that can be used to selectively perturb and probe various developmental events in transgenic animals...
- Transcriptional regulation in the mouse atrioventricular conduction systemAngela V Edwards
Department of Cell and Developmental Biology, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Novartis Found Symp 250:177-89; discussion 189-93, 276-9. 2003..Lastly, we are exploring strategies to isolate and analyse AVCS cells from normal and affected hearts...
- GATA-6 gene enhancer contains nested regulatory modules for primary myocardium and the embedded nascent atrioventricular conduction systemRichard F Adamo
Cell Developmental Biology Program, Fox Chase Cancer Center, Philadelphia, PA 19111, USA
Anat Rec A Discov Mol Cell Evol Biol 280:1062-71. 2004..These are the first functional elements to be reported for a cardiac conduction system-specific control region...
- Alk3/Bmpr1a receptor is required for development of the atrioventricular canal into valves and annulus fibrosusVinciane Gaussin
Department of Cell Biology and Molecular Medicine, Cardiovascular Research Institute, University of Medicine and Dentistry of New Jersey, New Jersey Medical School, 185 S Orange Ave, MSB Room G 609, Newark, NJ 07103, USA
Circ Res 97:219-26. 2005..In conclusion, our mouse model demonstrated critical roles for Alk3 signaling in the AV myocardium during the development of AV valves and the annulus fibrosus...
- Apoptosis in the developing mouse heartLaura Barbosky
Department of Pediatrics, Rainbow Babies and Children s Hospital, Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine, Cleveland, Ohio 44106 6011, USA
Dev Dyn 235:2592-602. 2006..These findings suggest that cardiomyocyte apoptosis is an evolutionarily conserved mechanism for normal morphogenesis of the outflow tract myocardium in avian and mammalian species...
- Bone marrow cells transdifferentiate to cardiomyocytes when introduced into the embryonic heartCarol A Eisenberg
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical University of South Carolina, Charleston, South Carolina 29425, USA
Stem Cells 24:1236-45. 2006..In addition, the predominance of the macrophage phenotype within the donor bone marrow cell population suggests that transdifferentiation of immune response cells may play a role in cellular regeneration in the adult...
- The serosal mesothelium is a major source of smooth muscle cells of the gut vasculatureBettina Wilm
Stahlman Cardiovascular Laboratories, Department of Medicine and Program for Developmental Biology, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville, TN 37232, USA
Development 132:5317-28. 2005..Our data reveal a conserved mechanism in blood vessel formation to coelomic organs, and have major implications for our understanding of vertebrate organogenesis and vascular deficiencies of the gut...
- Epicardial induction of fetal cardiomyocyte proliferation via a retinoic acid-inducible trophic factorTim H P Chen
Institute for Genetic Medicine, University of Southern California Keck School of Medicine, 2250 Alcazar St, IGM240, Los Angeles, California 90033, USA
Dev Biol 250:198-207. 2002....
- Architectural plan for the heart: early patterning and delineation of the chambers and the nodesVincent M Christoffels
Department of Anatomy and Embryology, Academic Medical Center, University of Amsterdam, Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Trends Cardiovasc Med 14:301-7. 2004....
- Mouse models for cardiac conduction system developmentAndy Wessels
Department of Cell Biology and Anatomy, Medical University of South Carolina, 172 Ashley Avenue, Charleston, SC 29425, USA
Novartis Found Symp 250:44-59; discussion 59-67, 276-9. 2003..Specifically, we will re-evaluate the concept of the 'primary ring' in the context of the new insights in the development of the AV junction as provided by the respective mouse models described above...
- Identification and characterization of a novel Schwann and outflow tract endocardial cushion lineage-restricted periostin enhancerAndrew Lindsley
Cardiovascular Development Group, Herman B Wells Center for Pediatric Research, Indiana University School of Medicine, Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA
Dev Biol 307:340-55. 2007....
- Transcriptional Regulation in the Developing HeartJohn Burch; Fiscal Year: 2005..We will also attempt to use adjunct cell culture systems to facilitate our analysis of this early-heart-specific enhancer as well as the heart-region-specific enhancer described above. ..
- Endothelin Receptor-B Signaling in Neural CrestJohn Burch; Fiscal Year: 2006..abstract_text> ..