Janna C Heyman
Affiliation: Fordham University
- Social workers' and nurses' attitudes toward the health care proxyJanna C Heyman
Ravazzin Center on Aging, Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, 400 Westchester Avenue, Harrison, NY 10604, USA
J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care 4:57-74. 2008..Implications for education of health care professionals are addressed...
- Event-exposure stress, coping, and psychological distress among New York students at six months after 9/11Janna C Heyman
Graduate School of Social Service, Fordham University, 400 Westchester Avenue, West Harrison, New York, NY 10604, USA
Anxiety Stress Coping 23:153-63. 2010..Professionals should provide guidance to help individuals reduce psychological distress by building upon different coping strategies to best fit the person and the situation...
- Older Latinos' attitudes toward and comfort with end-of-life planningJanna C Heyman
Ravazzin Center on Aging, Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, West Harrison, NY 10604, USA
Health Soc Work 35:17-26. 2010....
- "They don't want to hear us": Hispanic elders and adult children speak about end-of-life planningIrene A Gutheil
Ravazzin Center for Social Work Research in Aging, Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care 2:55-70. 2006..The most striking indication of the challenges in communication about end-of-life issues is the insistence by both the elders and the adult children that their children/ parents do not want to have these discussions...
- A social work perspective: attitudes toward end-of-life planningIrene A Gutheil
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Service, West Harrison, New York 10604, USA
Soc Work Health Care 50:763-74. 2011..Respondents in the health and aging fields are older than those in other than health and aging, underscoring concerns about workforce issues in the field of aging...
- Social work involvement in end of life planningJanna C Heyman
Fordham University Graduate School of Social Services, USA
J Gerontol Soc Work 47:47-61. 2006..Social workers need to attend to the systems in which they operate as well as to client concerns...
- Communication between older people and their health care agents: results of an interventionIrene A Gutheil
Ravazzin Center for Social Work Research in Aging, Graduate School of Social Service, Fordham University, Tarrytown, NY 10591, USA
Health Soc Work 30:107-16. 2005..The findings demonstrate that it is possible to affect advance communication about wishes at the end of life through a group intervention...
- Building on community assets to improve palliative and end-of-life careJudith Dobrof
Cancer Support Team, Mamaroneck, New York, USA
J Soc Work End Life Palliat Care 7:5-13. 2011..It has played a critical role in changing the culture of care for residents of Westchester who are faced with the challenges of serious and terminal illness...