Jennifer L Reed
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Eczema vaccinatumJennifer L Reed
Laboratory of Plasma Derivatives, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20892, USA
Clin Infect Dis 54:832-40. 2012..We conclude by considering how its occurrence might be minimized in the event of a return to universal vaccination...
- Innate immune signals modulate antiviral and polyreactive antibody responses during severe respiratory syncytial virus infectionJennifer L Reed
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
J Infect Dis 199:1128-38. 2009..We conclude that B lymphocyte-stimulating factors derived from infected epithelium are primary determinants of the mucosal antibody response in infant RSV bronchiolitis...
- Macrophage impairment underlies airway occlusion in primary respiratory syncytial virus bronchiolitisJennifer L Reed
Respiratory, Inflammation, and Autoimmunity Group, MedImmune, Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA
J Infect Dis 198:1783-93. 2008..Together, our data suggest that innate, rather than adaptive, immune responses are critical determinants of the severity of RSV bronchiolitis...
- Respiratory syncytial virus and influenza virus infections: observations from tissues of fatal infant casesTimothy P Welliver
MedImmune, Inc, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
Pediatr Infect Dis J 27:S92-6. 2008..Severe infantile RSV and influenza virus LRTI is characterized by inadequate (rather than excessive) adaptive immune responses, robust viral replication and apoptotic crisis...
- Mucosal antibody responses are directed by viral burden in children with acute influenza infectionYong He
Food and Drug Administration, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Bethesda, MD, USA
Influenza Other Respir Viruses 7:46-54. 2013..While mucosal antibodies can limit influenza-associated infection and disease, little is known about acute mucosal antibody responses to influenza infection...
- Cytosolic, autocrine alpha-1 proteinase inhibitor (A1PI) inhibits caspase-1 and blocks IL-1β dependent cytokine release in monocytesYonggang Wang
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Bethesda, MD, USA
PLoS ONE 7:e51078. 2012..These studies examine the relationship between A1PI expression in primary monocytes and monocytic cell lines, and inflammatory cytokine expression in response to inflammasome directed stimuli...
- Severe human lower respiratory tract illness caused by respiratory syncytial virus and influenza virus is characterized by the absence of pulmonary cytotoxic lymphocyte responsesTimothy P Welliver
MedImmune, Inc, Gaithersburg, MD, USA
J Infect Dis 195:1126-36. 2007..It is widely believed that both viral replication and inappropriately enhanced immune responses contribute to disease severity. In infants, RSV LRTI is known to be more severe than influenza virus LRTI...
- Vaccinia virus induces rapid necrosis in keratinocytes by a STAT3-dependent mechanismYong He
Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, Silver Spring, Maryland, United States of America
PLoS ONE 9:e113690. 2014..Humans with a dominant negative mutation in STAT3 are susceptible to severe skin infections, suggesting an essential role for STAT3 signaling in defense against cutaneous pathogens...
- Epitope mapping by random peptide phage display reveals essential residues for vaccinia extracellular enveloped virion spreadYong He
Laboratory of Plasma Derivatives, Division of Hematology, Office of Blood Research and Review, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, Food and Drug Administration, FDA CBER OBRR DH LPD, HFM 345, 1401 Rockville Pike, Rockville, MD 20852, USA
Virol J 9:217. 2012..In this study, we utilized a random phage display library to investigate the epitope recognized by MAb-1G10 that is critical for facilitating cell-to-cell spread of the vaccinia virus...
- Cutaneous Deficiency of Filaggrin and STAT3 Exacerbates Vaccinia Disease In VivoYong He
Food and Drug Administration, Center for Biologics Evaluation and Research, 10903 New Hampshire Ave, Silver Spring, MD, United States of America
PLoS ONE 12:e0170070. 2017..Defects in filaggrin and STAT3 are associated with atopic dermatitis (AD) and susceptibility to severe skin infection...
- MEDI-563, a humanized anti-IL-5 receptor alpha mAb with enhanced antibody-dependent cell-mediated cytotoxicity functionRoland Kolbeck
Department of Respiratory, Inflammation and Autoimmunity, MedImmune, LLC, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
J Allergy Clin Immunol 125:1344-1353.e2. 2010....
- Isolation and characterization of monoclonal antibodies which neutralize human metapneumovirus in vitro and in vivoNancy D Ulbrandt
MedImmune, Inc, 1 MedImmune Way, Gaithersburg, MD 20878, USA
J Virol 80:7799-806. 2006..The data suggest that a monoclonal antibody could be used prophylactically to prevent lower respiratory tract disease caused by hMPV...
- Safety and immunogenicity of a recombinant parvovirus B19 vaccine formulated with MF59C.1W Ripley Ballou
Clinical Development, MedImmune, Gaithersburg, Maryland 20878, USA
J Infect Dis 187:675-8. 2003..5 or 25 microg MEDI-491 at 0, 1, and 6 months. MEDI-491 was safe and immunogenic. All volunteers developed neutralizing antibody titers that peaked after the third immunization and were sustained through study day 364...