Ryan L Mutter
Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- The effects of hospital competition on inpatient quality of careRyan L Mutter
Center for Delivery, Organization and Markets, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Inquiry 45:263-79. 2008..We provide hypotheses based on emerging areas of research that could explain these findings, but inconsistencies remain...
- Translating frontiers into practice: taking the next steps toward improving hospital efficiencyRyan L Mutter
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
Med Care Res Rev 68:3S-19S. 2011....
- Duration of patients' visits to the hospital emergency departmentZeynal Karaca
Social and Scientific Systems, Inc, Rockville, MD 20850, USA
BMC Emerg Med 12:15. 2012..Length of stay is an important indicator of quality of care in Emergency Departments (ED). This study explores the duration of patients' visits to the ED for which they are treated and released (T&R)...
- Measuring hospital inefficiency: the effects of controlling for quality and patient burden of illnessRyan L Mutter
Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Center for Delivery, Organization and Markets, Rockville, MD, USA
Health Serv Res 43:1992-2013. 2008..To assess the impact of employing a variety of controls for hospital quality and patient burden of illness on the mean estimated inefficiency and relative ranking of hospitals generated by stochastic frontier analysis (SFA)...
- Emergency department care in the United States: a profile of national data sourcesPamela L Owens
Center for Delivery, Organization and Markets, Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, Department of Health and Human Services, Rockville, MD, USA
Ann Emerg Med 56:150-65. 2010....