Affiliation: Food and Drug Administration
- Nutrigenomics research for personalized nutrition and medicineJim Kaput
Division of Personalized Nutrition and Medicine, FDA National Center for Toxicological Research, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Curr Opin Biotechnol 19:110-20. 2008....
- Planning the human variome project: the Spain reportJim Kaput
Division of Personalised Nutrition and Medicine, FDA National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
Hum Mutat 30:496-510. 2009..We report here the discussions and recommendations from the 2008 HVP planning meeting held in San Feliu de Guixols, Spain, in May 2008...
- Two new ArrayTrack libraries for personalized biomedical researchJoshua Xu
Z Tech Corporation, ICF International company at NCTR, National Center for Toxicological Research, 3900 NCTR Rd, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 11:S6. 2010..An efficient data mining strategy and a set of sophisticated tools are necessary to help better understand and utilize the findings from genetic association studies...
- Carbohydrate metabolic pathway genes associated with quantitative trait loci (QTL) for obesity and type 2 diabetes: identification by data miningVijayalakshmi Varma
Division of Personalized Nutrition and Medicine, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Biotechnol J 5:942-9. 2010....
- Similarities and differences in the expression of drug-metabolizing enzymes between human hepatic cell lines and primary human hepatocytesLei Guo
Division of Biochemical Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Food and Drug Administration, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Drug Metab Dispos 39:528-38. 2011....
- Assessment of research models for testing gene-environment interactionsAmy L Inselman
Division of Personalized Nutrition and Medicine, NCTR FDA, 3900 NCTR Rd, Jefferson, AR 72079, United States
Eur J Pharmacol 668:S108-16. 2011..The advantages and disadvantages of some of the model test systems that are being used or developed in relation to individual genetic make-up and responses to xenobiotics are discussed...
- Fructose Alters Intermediary Metabolism of Glucose in Human Adipocytes and Diverts Glucose to Serine Oxidation in the One-Carbon Cycle Energy Producing PathwayVijayalakshmi Varma
Biomarkers and Alternate Models branch, Division of Systems Biology, National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
Metabolites 5:364-85. 2015....
- Assessing batch effects of genotype calling algorithm BRLMM for the Affymetrix GeneChip Human Mapping 500 K array set using 270 HapMap samplesHuixiao Hong
Division of Systems Toxicology, National Center for Toxicological Research, US Food and Drug Administration, 3900 NCTR Road, Jefferson, AR 72079, USA
BMC Bioinformatics 9:S17. 2008..In this paper, we analyzed both the batch size and batch composition for effects on the genotype calling algorithm BRLMM using raw data of 270 HapMap samples analyzed with the Affymetrix Human Mapping 500 K array set...
- A strategy for analyzing gene-nutrient interactions in type 2 diabetesCarolyn Wise
Division of Personalized Nutrition and Medicine, Food and Drug Administration National Center for Toxicological Research, Jefferson, Arkansas 72079, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 3:710-21. 2009..This article provides a strategy to extend nutrigenomic experimental strategies to include early environmental influences that may promote adult-onset disease...
- Diet-disease gene interactionsJim Kaput
NutraGenomics, Chicago, Illinois 60612, USA
Nutrition 20:26-31. 2004
- Identification of genes contributing to the obese yellow Avy phenotype: caloric restriction, genotype, diet x genotype interactionsJim Kaput
University of California at Davis, Davis, California 95616, USA
Physiol Genomics 18:316-24. 2004..A subset of the identified genes is linked to abnormal physiological signs observed in obesity and diabetes...
- The case for strategic international alliances to harness nutritional genomics for public and personal healthJim Kaput
Center of Excellence in Nutritional Genomics, University of California, Davis, CA 95616, USA
Br J Nutr 94:623-32. 2005....
- Nutrigenomics: concepts and applications to pharmacogenomics and clinical medicineJim Kaput
Department of Surgery, University of Illinois Chicago, 909 South Wolcott Street MC 958, Chicago, IL 60612, USA
Pharmacogenomics 8:369-90. 2007..Nutrigenomic concepts, research strategies and clinical implementation are similar to and overlap those of pharmacogenomics, and both are fundamental to the treatment of disease and maintenance of optimal health...