JOHN THOMAS LANDRUM
Affiliation: Florida International University
- Comparison of dietary supplementation with lutein diacetate and lutein: a pilot study of the effects on serum and macular pigmentJohn Landrum
Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Florida International University, Miami, USA
Acta Biochim Pol 59:167-9. 2012..Serum samples, collected at baseline, and at weeks 6, 12, 18, and 24 were analyzed by HPLC. Macular Pigment Optical Density (MPOD) was obtained by heterochromatic flicker photometry at baseline and weeks 6, 12, 18 and 24...
- Lutein, zeaxanthin, and the macular pigmentJ T Landrum
Department of Chemistry, Florida International University, Miami 33199, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 385:28-40. 2001....
- The conformation of end-groups is one determinant of carotenoid topology suitable for high fidelity molecular recognition: a study of beta- and epsilon-end-groupsJohn T Landrum
Florida International University, Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Miami, FL 33199, USA
Arch Biochem Biophys 493:169-74. 2010..Selectivity associated with beta- versus epsilon-rings is dominated by the inability of the beta-ring to flex to minimize protein/ring steric interactions and maximize van der Waal's attractions with the binding site...
- Macular pigment in donor eyes with and without AMD: a case-control studyR A Bone
Department of Physics, Florida International University, Miami, Florida 33199, USA
Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 42:235-40. 2001..To determine whether there is an association between the density of macular pigment in the human retina and the risk of age-related macular degeneration (AMD)...
- 2007 Carotenoids Gordon Research ConferenceJohn Landrum; Fiscal Year: 2006..unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable] [unreadable]..