C Y King
Affiliation: Florida State University
- Supporting the structural basis of prion strains: induction and identification of [PSI] variantsC Y King
Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL, 32306, USA
J Mol Biol 307:1247-60. 2001..These results establish a method for [PSI] variant-typing and indicate that heritable variations of amyloid structures can be derived from the same polypeptide...
- Protein-only transmission of three yeast prion strainsChih Yen King
Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, Florida 32306, USA
Nature 428:319-23. 2004....
- Strain-specific morphologies of yeast prion amyloid fibrilsRuben Diaz-Avalos
Institute of Molecular Biophysics, Florida State University, Tallahassee, FL 32306 4380, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 102:10165-70. 2005..The strain-specific morphological differences we have observed directly confirm the structural prediction of the protein-only prion theory but do not have an obvious molecular explanation...
- Transformation of yeast by infectious prion particlesChih Yen King
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei, Taiwan
Methods 39:68-71. 2006..The methodology can be used to introduce different [PSI(+)] particles to many laboratory yeast genetic backgrounds. It can be adapted for applications in other yeast prion systems as well...
- Strain-specific sequences required for yeast [PSI+] prion propagationHsiang Yu Chang
Institute of Molecular Biology, Academia Sinica, Taipei 11529, Taiwan
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 105:13345-50. 2008..Polymorphic structures of other amyloids might similarly involve different stretches of polypeptides to form cross-beta amyloid cores with distinct molecular recognition surfaces...