Affiliation: Exponent Inc
- Finite element analysis and experimental evaluation of penetrating injury through the corneaScott T Lovald
Exponent, Inc, 149 Commonwealth Dr, Menlo Park, CA 94025, USA Electronic address
J Mech Behav Biomed Mater 66:104-110. 2017..In addition to determining an objective failure strain of corneal tissue, the model developed in this study can provide quantitative information for understanding the risk of penetrating eye injuries...
- Hardware removal after fracture fixation procedures in the femurScott Lovald
Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Trauma Acute Care Surg 72:282-7. 2012..The study aims were to determine the percentage of fixation procedures that result in hardware removal in a single year and to assess differences in the likelihood for hardware removal procedures using patient characteristics...
- Complications and hardware removal after open reduction and internal fixation of humeral fracturesScott Lovald
Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Trauma 70:1273-7; discussion 1277-8. 2011..The purpose of this study was to review internal fixation of humerus fractures using a large national database and assess the incidence of implant removal procedures based on patient characteristics...
- National hardware removal rate associated with internal fixation of facial fracturesJean Hanson
PhDx Systems, Inc, 1001 University Blvd SE, Suite 103, Albuquerque, NM 87106, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 69:1152-8. 2011..There has not been a broad national examination of complications and demographics of facial trauma reduction procedures. The literature has reported acceptable and unacceptable hardware removal rates in localized populations...
- Patient selection in outpatient and short-stay total knee arthroplastyScott Lovald
Exponent, Inc, Menlo Park, California
J Surg Orthop Adv 23:2-8. 2014..The information obtained from this study should assist with patient selection for TKA performed on an outpatient basis. ..