Judd S Day
Affiliation: Exponent Inc
- Characterization of wear debris in total elbow arthroplastyJudd S Day
Implant Research Center, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Health Systems, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 22:924-31. 2013..The purpose of this study was to evaluate wear debris in periprosthetic tissues at the time of revision total elbow arthroplasty. Polyethylene, metallic, and bone cement debris were characterized, and the tissue response was quantified...
- Polyethylene wear in retrieved reverse total shoulder componentsJudd S Day
Implant Research Center, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Health Systems, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 21:667-74. 2012..The purpose of this study was to evaluate polyethylene wear patterns in 7 specimens retrieved at revision arthroplasty and identify factors that may be associated with increased wear...
- Prevalence and projections of total shoulder and elbow arthroplasty in the United States to 2015Judd S Day
Biomechanics Practice, Exponent Inc, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 19:1115-20. 2010....
- Bone ingrowth in well-fixed retrieved porous tantalum implantsJosa A Hanzlik
Implant Research Center, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Arthroplasty 28:922-7. 2013..We observed full depth penetration of bone into the porous tantalum layer for the acetabular shells and femoral stems...
- Do dynamic cement-on-cement knee spacers provide better function and activity during two-stage exchange?David J Jaekel
Implant Research Center, School of Biomedical Engineering, Science, and Heath Systems, Drexel University, 3401 Market Street, Suite 300, Philadelphia, PA 19104, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 470:2599-604. 2012..However, their direct impact on patient mobility and wear damage while implanted remains poorly understood...
- Role of surgical position on interface stress and initial bone remodeling stimulus around hip resurfacing arthroplastyKevin L Ong
Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19140, USA
J Arthroplasty 24:1137-42. 2009..These data show bone loading and interface fixation trends emanating from valgus and varus implant positions that will be of interest to practicing physicians...
- Is there material loss at the backside taper in modular CoCr acetabular liners?Matthias T Agne
Department of Materials Science and Engineering, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, 19104, USA
Clin Orthop Relat Res 473:275-85. 2015....
- Risk of venous thromboembolism after shoulder arthroplasty in the Medicare populationJudd S Day
Exponent, Inc, Menlo Park, CA, USA Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 24:98-105. 2015..Medicare claims data were analyzed to determine the national incidence of symptomatic VTE after shoulder arthroplasty during the index surgical admission and after discharge...
- Biomechanical comparison of 2 proximally coated femoral stems: effects of stem length and surface finishKevin L Ong
Biomechanics Practice, Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104, USA
J Arthroplasty 24:819-24. 2009..Increased pain incidence for short-stem patients may be related to decreased implant instability and increased interface relative motion...
- Is There A Difference in Bone Ingrowth in Modular Versus Monoblock Porous Tantalum Tibial Trays?Josa A Hanzlik
Implant Research Center, Drexel University, 3401 Market Street, Suite 345, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19104
J Arthroplasty 30:1073-8. 2015..6 ± 1.9%, P = 0.032). Bone ingrowth in both designs was highest in the initial 500 μm from the surface. Implantation time was positively correlated with bone ingrowth for monoblock trays...
- Use of reverse total shoulder arthroplasty in the Medicare populationJudd S Day
Exponent, Inc, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Shoulder Elbow Surg 24:766-72. 2015..Therefore, the use of this popular procedure has yet to be reported. The purpose of this study was to examine the use and reimbursement of RSA compared with total shoulder arthroplasty (TSA) and shoulder hemiarthroplasty (SHA)...
- Lumbar total disc replacement impingement sensitivity to disc height distraction, spinal sagittal orientation, implant position, and implant lordosisSteven A Rundell
Armstrong Forensic Engineers, Milford, MI 48381, USA
Spine (Phila Pa 1976) 37:E590-8. 2012..The models were implanted with a mobile-bearing TDR and exposed to simulated sagittally balanced erect posture...