Kevin T Bain
Affiliation: ExcelleRx Institute
- Medication inappropriateness for older adults receiving hospice care: a pilot surveyKevin T Bain
Department of Quality Outcomes, excelleRx, Inc, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Consult Pharm 22:926-34. 2007..To test the feasibility and reliability of a tool and methodology for evaluating expert clinicians' perceptions about the application of the Beers criteria in hospice...
- Management of chronic insomnia in elderly personsKevin T Bain
excelleRx, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Am J Geriatr Pharmacother 4:168-92. 2006..Chronic insomnia is common among the elderly These elderly patients are often viewed as difficult to treat, yet they are among the groups with the greatest need of treatment...
- Deficiencies in immunization education and training in pharmacy schools: a call to actionKevin T Bain
Drexel University School of Public Health, USA
Am J Pharm Educ 73:110. 2009..We recognize that implementation of these recommendations will require sufficient resources and that it will take time to change the curricula in colleges and schools of pharmacy...
- Hospice use among patients with heart failureKevin T Bain
Department of Quality Outcomes, excelleRx, Inc, 1601 Cherry Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Am Heart J 158:118-25. 2009..Hospices provide end-of-life care for heart failure (HF) patients, but hospice is underused for these patients, and its use has not been well described...
- Discontinuing medications: a novel approach for revising the prescribing stage of the medication-use processKevin T Bain
Department of Quality Outcomes, excelleRx Inc, An Omnicare Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 56:1946-52. 2008..This framework has substantial practice and research implications, especially for the clinical care of older persons, who are particularly susceptible to the adverse effects of medications...
- Adverse drug reactions and current state of drug regimen review in nursing facilities: need for a change?Kevin T Bain
Department of Quality Outcomes, Omnicare Company, PA 19102, USA
Consult Pharm 22:586-92. 2007..To review the salient issue of adverse drug reactions in nursing facilities...
- Actual and potential drug interactions associated with methadoneDouglas J Weschules
excelleRx, Inc, An Omnicare Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Pain Med 9:315-44. 2008..To identify and characterize methadone-related drug interactions, as well as factors accounting for the variability in manifesting these interactions clinically...
- A systematic review of opioid conversion ratios used with methadone for the treatment of painDouglas J Weschules
excelleRx, Inc, An Omnicare Company, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Pain Med 9:595-612. 2008..Review and analyze the evidence base comprising methadone conversion methods and associated dosing ratios for the treatment of pain...
- Toward evidence-based prescribing at end of life: a comparative analysis of sustained-release morphine, oxycodone, and transdermal fentanyl, with pain, constipation, and caregiver interaction outcomes in hospice patientsDouglas J Weschules
excelleRx, Inc, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Pain Med 7:320-9. 2006..The outcomes examined include: pain score, constipation severity, and ability of the patient to communicate with caregivers...
- Toward evidence-based prescribing at end of life: a comparative review of temazepam and zolpidem for the treatment of insomniaKevin T Bain
excelleRx, Inc, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Am J Hosp Palliat Care 20:382-8. 2003..After review of the primary literature and the prescribing patterns in our setting, there is currently no evidence in our patient population to support that zolpidem is superior to benzodiazepines for the treatment of insomnia...
- A patient-activated iontophoretic transdermal system for acute pain management with fentanyl hydrochloride: overview and applicationsKevin T Bain
Department of Quality Outcomes, excelleRx, Inc, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Opioid Manag 2:314-24. 2006..The objectives of this article are to describe the method of transdermal iontophoretic medication administration and to review the literature pertaining to the fentanyl ITS...