Affiliation: Emory University
- Glimepiride versus pioglitazone combination therapy in subjects with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on metformin monotherapy: results of a randomized clinical trialGuillermo Umpierrez
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 22:751-9. 2006..To compare the effect of add-on glimepiride or pioglitazone in subjects with type 2 diabetes inadequately controlled on metformin monotherapy...
- Risk factors for inpatient hypoglycemia during subcutaneous insulin therapy in non-critically ill patients with type 2 diabetesFarnoosh Farrokhi
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Diabetes Sci Technol 6:1022-9. 2012..We aimed to determine risk factors associated with hypoglycemia during subcutaneous insulin therapy in non-critically ill patients with type 2 diabetes...
- Metformin/rosiglitazone combination pill (Avandamet) for the treatment of patients with Type 2 diabetesDawn Smiley
Emory University School of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, 49 Jesse Hill Jr Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Expert Opin Pharmacother 8:1353-64. 2007..This manuscript reviews the pharmacology, safety and benefits of the combination pill Avandamet...
- Insulin therapy in acute coronary syndromes: an appraisal of completed and ongoing randomised trials with important clinical end pointsAbhinav Goyal
Department of Epidemiology, Emory Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, GA, USA
Diab Vasc Dis Res 5:276-84. 2008....
- Management of breast abscesses in nonlactating womenMonica Rizzo
Department of Surgery, Avon Comprehensive Breast Center at Grady, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30308, USA
Am Surg 76:292-5. 2010..Diabetes screening in nonlactating women with breast abscess and intensified glycemic control might improve clinical outcome...
- Randomized Controlled Trial of Intensive Versus Conservative Glucose Control in Patients Undergoing Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery: GLUCO-CABG TrialGuillermo Umpierrez
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
Diabetes Care 38:1665-72. 2015..The optimal level of glycemic control needed to improve outcomes in cardiac surgery patients remains controversial...
- Contributions of basal and postprandial hyperglycemia over a wide range of A1C levels before and after treatment intensification in type 2 diabetesMatthew Riddle
Department of Medicine, Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Clinical Nutrition, Oregon Health and Science University, Portland, Oregon, USA
Diabetes Care 34:2508-14. 2011..To determine the relative contributions of basal hyperglycemia (BHG) versus postprandial hyperglycemia (PPHG) before and after treatment intensification in patients with glycated hemoglobin A(1c) (A1C) >7.0% while on prior oral therapy...
- Recurrent diabetic ketoacidosis in inner-city minority patients: behavioral, socioeconomic, and psychosocial factorsLori Randall
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Diabetes Care 34:1891-6. 2011..To conduct a bedside study to determine the factors driving insulin noncompliance in inner-city patients with recurrent diabetic ketoacidosis (DKA)...
- Role of thiazolidinediones in the management of type 2 diabetes: focus on ethnic minority populationsGuillermo Umpierrez
Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Ethn Dis 16:51-7. 2006..These benefits are expected to be particularly important among ethnic minority patients who tend to have greater insulin resistance than do Caucasians...
- Therapy insight: metabolic and endocrine disorders in sickle cell diseaseDawn Smiley
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Nat Clin Pract Endocrinol Metab 4:102-9. 2008..This article describes the endocrine and metabolic disorders reported in patients with SCD, discusses their management, and identifies gaps in current knowledge and opportunities for future research...
- Breast abscesses in nonlactating women with diabetes: clinical features and outcomeMonica Rizzo
Department of Surgery, Avon Comprehensive Breast Center at Grady, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Med Sci 338:123-6. 2009..The association between diabetes and breast abscess in nonlactating women has not been previously reported in the literature...