W C O'NEILL
Affiliation: Emory University
- Sonographic evaluation of renal failureW C O'NEILL
Renal Division, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 35:1021-38. 2000..Therefore, nephrologists should be knowledgeable about renal sonography and participate in its interpretation...
- The fallacy of the calcium-phosphorus productW C O'NEILL
Department of Medicine, Renal Division, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Kidney Int 72:792-6. 2007..Although ectopic calcification can occur in many sites, this review will focus on vascular calcification, as it is the most common site and the site most likely to affect patient outcomes...
- Chemical and hormonal determinants of vascular calcification in vitroK Lomashvili
Department of Medicine, Renal Division, Emory University, Georgia 30322, USA
Kidney Int 69:1464-70. 2006..Although PTH and calcitriol did not increase calcification in vivo, they have effects on smooth muscle that could influence calcification in vivo. Calcification is enhanced by alkalinity within the range produced during hemodialysis...
- Upregulation of alkaline phosphatase and pyrophosphate hydrolysis: potential mechanism for uremic vascular calcificationK A Lomashvili
Renal Division, Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Kidney Int 73:1024-30. 2008..If proven by future studies, this mechanism will identify alkaline phosphatase as a potential therapeutic target...
- How echogenic is echogenic? Quantitative acoustics of the renal cortexJ A Manley
Renal Division, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 37:706-11. 2001..Echogenicity of the renal cortex is less than that of the liver in healthy subjects and is influenced by the state of diuresis...
- Vascular calcification: not so crystal clearW C O'NEILL
Renal Division, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Kidney Int 71:282-3. 2007..Like bone, calcification in the vessels also involves biologic events. The two are necessarily linked and unraveling the pathophysiology will require an understanding of both...