Sheryl G A Gabram
Affiliation: Emory University
- Breast boost: are we missing the target?Rashmi K Benda
Department of Radiation Oncology, University of lorida Health Science Center, University of Florida College of Medicine, Gainesville, Florida 32610 0385, USA
Cancer 97:905-9. 2003..The authors compared the commonly used clinical technique with a technique based on computed tomography (CT) imaging of surgical clips in the tumor bed...
- Assessing breast cancer risk and providing treatment recommendations: immediate impact of an educational sessionSheryl G A Gabram
Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Breast J 15:S39-45. 2009..An educational session providing information on this subject, based on Spectrum of Care Options, significantly improved their knowledge and may influence their future practices...
- Effects of an outreach and internal navigation program on breast cancer diagnosis in an urban cancer center with a large African-American populationSheryl G A Gabram
Georgia Cancer Center for Excellence at Grady Health System, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer 113:602-7. 2008..They then assessed the effectiveness of these outreach initiatives and internal patient navigation on stage of diagnosis...
- High prevalence of triple-negative tumors in an urban cancer centerMary Jo B Lund
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Cancer 113:608-15. 2008..In the current study, the authors investigated breast cancer subgroups among patients in an urban cancer center serving a multiracial, low socioeconomic population...
- Race and triple negative threats to breast cancer survival: a population-based study in Atlanta, GAMary Jo Lund
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Breast Cancer Res Treat 113:357-70. 2009..This study examines association of the ER/PR/HER2 subtypes with race and breast cancer survival...
- Time to treatment for patients receiving BCS in a public and a private university hospital in AtlantaMarina Mosunjac
Department of Pathology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Breast J 18:163-7. 2012..However, barriers to timely treatment arise from both system-based issues and patient socio-demographic factors. Studies are needed to evaluate and intervene on this intricate connection...
- Using National Quality Forum breast cancer indicators to measure quality of care for patients in an AVON comprehensive breast centerRadha Iyengar
Department of Surgery at Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Breast J 16:240-4. 2010..Using the NQF indicators serves to assess hospital performance at a systems-level and as a useful method for tracking cancer quality of care...
- The effect of nurse navigation on timeliness of breast cancer care at an academic comprehensive cancer centerMohua Basu
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Cancer 119:2524-31. 2013....
- Determining the impact of US mammography screening guidelines on patient survival in a predominantly African American population treated in a public hospital during 2008Imnett Habtes
Georgia Cancer Center for Excellence, Grady Memorial Hospital, Atlanta, GA, USA
Cancer 119:481-7. 2013..In the current study, the potential effect of using the revised 2009 USPSTF guidelines on patient disease stage and survival were evaluated and compared with those actually observed and to predicted under ACS recommendations...
- Management of papillary breast lesions diagnosed on core-needle biopsy: clinical pathologic and radiologic analysis of 276 cases with surgical follow-upMonica Rizzo
Department of Surgery, Division of Surgical Oncology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30308, USA
J Am Coll Surg 214:280-7. 2012..Clinical management of papillary breast lesions (PBLs) remains controversial. The objective of this study was to identify pathologic and radiologic predictors of malignancy from a large cohort of PBLs diagnosed on core-needle biopsy (CNB)...
- Improving on national quality indicators of breast cancer care in a large public hospital as a means to decrease disparities for African American womenMonica Rizzo
Department of Surgery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 18:34-9. 2011..The purpose of this study was to document compliance with the 3 NQF breast quality indicators during 2 time intervals in a metropolitan public hospital...
- Clinical factors used to support prophylactic mastectomy for a male BRCA2 mutation carrierMaryam Guiahi
Department of Surgery, Cardinal Bernardin, Cancer Center, Loyola University Medical Center, IL 60153, USA
Surgery 139:704-6. 2006
- The utility of breast MRI in the management of breast cancerPaige Teller
Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Breast J 16:394-403. 2010..Changes are favorable for the majority of these cases. Patients undergoing evaluation for contralateral disease, invasive lobular carcinoma and assessment of chemotherapeutic response may derive a more meaningful benefit from MRI...
- The effects of additional tumor cavity sampling at the time of breast-conserving surgery on final margin status, volume of resection, and pathologist workloadMonica Rizzo
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 17:228-34. 2010..This study compares the reoperation rates, volume of breast excised in cm(3), and number of pathology slides examined in two groups of patients who underwent BCS with or without four or five additional margins (BCS + M)...
- Implementing a screening tool for identifying patients at risk for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer: a statewide initiativeL Brannon Traxler
Department of Surgery, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 21:3342-7. 2014..The project addresses young women at increased risk for hereditary breast and ovarian cancer (HBOC) syndrome through outreach efforts...
- Surgical complications associated with sentinel lymph node biopsy: results from a prospective international cooperative group trialLee Gravatt Wilke
Department of Surgery, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Ann Surg Oncol 13:491-500. 2006..Surgical complications associated with the sentinel lymph node biopsy surgical procedure are reported...
- Correlation of nipple aspiration and ductal lavage cytology with histopathologic findings for patients before scheduled breast biopsy examinationKristine E West
Department of Surgery, Loyola University Medical Center, 2160 S 1st Ave, Maywood, IL 60153, USA
Am J Surg 191:57-60. 2006..The purpose of this study was to correlate ductal lavage cytologic findings with the corresponding histology...