Affiliation: Emory University
- A randomized, double-blind, controlled trial of the 17D yellow fever virus vaccine given in combination with immune globulin or placebo: comparative viremia and immunogenicitySrilatha Edupuganti
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Am J Trop Med Hyg 88:172-7. 2013....
- Fusarium falciforme vertebral abscess and osteomyelitis: case report and molecular classificationSrilatha Edupuganti
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30030, USA
J Clin Microbiol 49:2350-3. 2011..Multilocus DNA sequence-based typing revealed that the infection was caused by a novel three-locus haplotype of Fusarium falciforme designated FSSC 3+4qqq...
- The yellow fever virus vaccine induces a broad and polyfunctional human memory CD8+ T cell responseRama S Akondy
Emory Vaccine Center and the Hope Clinic, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30022, USA
J Immunol 183:7919-30. 2009....
- Pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine induces a recall response in humans that favors broadly cross-reactive memory B cellsGui mei Li
Emory Vaccine Center, Department of Microbiology and Immunology, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 109:9047-52. 2012..The challenge now is to improve upon this result and design influenza vaccines that can elicit these broadly cross-reactive antibodies at sufficiently high levels to provide heterosubtypic protection...
- Serological responses to an avian influenza A/H7N9 vaccine mixed at the point-of-use with MF59 adjuvant: a randomized clinical trialMark J Mulligan
Division of Infectious Diseases, Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia
JAMA 312:1409-19. 2014..Human infections with avian influenza A/H7N9 have resulted in high morbidity and mortality in China...
- Human effector and memory CD8+ T cell responses to smallpox and yellow fever vaccinesJoseph D Miller
Emory Vaccine Center and the Hope Clinic, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Immunity 28:710-22. 2008..These results provide a benchmark for CD8(+) T cell responses induced by two of the most effective vaccines ever developed...
- Broadly cross-reactive antibodies dominate the human B cell response against 2009 pandemic H1N1 influenza virus infectionJens Wrammert
Emory Vaccine Center, School of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Exp Med 208:181-93. 2011..Antibodies generated potently protected and rescued mice from lethal challenge with pandemic H1N1 or antigenically distinct influenza strains, making them excellent therapeutic candidates...
- Human antibody responses after dengue virus infection are highly cross-reactive to Zika virusLalita Priyamvada
Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322 Division of Infectious Disease, Department of Pediatrics, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 113:7852-7. 2016..In addition, the extensive cross-reactivity may have implications for ZIKV virulence and disease severity in DENV-experienced populations...
- Safety and comparative immunogenicity of an HIV-1 DNA vaccine in combination with plasmid interleukin 12 and impact of intramuscular electroporation for deliverySpyros A Kalams
Infectious Diseases Division, Department of Medicine, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine, Nashville, Tennessee 37232, USA
J Infect Dis 208:818-29. 2013..DNA vaccines have been very poorly immunogenic in humans but have been an effective priming modality in prime-boost regimens. Methods to increase the immunogenicity of DNA vaccines are needed...
- Strategies to increase responsiveness to hepatitis B vaccination in adults with HIV-1Jennifer A Whitaker
Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, The Hope Clinic of the Emory Vaccine Center, Decatur, GA, USA
Lancet Infect Dis 12:966-76. 2012..New vaccination strategies, such as increased vaccine dose, use of the intradermal route, and addition of adjuvants, could improve response rates in adults with HIV...