Robert A Bednarczyk
Affiliation: Emory University
- Low uptake of influenza vaccine among university students: evaluating predictors beyond cost and safety concernsRobert A Bednarczyk
Hubert Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, CNR 7019, 1518 Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta GA 30322 USA Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University at Albany, State University of New York, 1 University Place, Rensselaer NY 12144 USA Electronic address
Vaccine 33:1659-63. 2015..We evaluated influenza vaccine uptake following an on-campus vaccine campaign at a large, public New York State university...
- Attitudes and knowledge of Georgian physicians regarding cervical cancer prevention, 2010Robert A Bednarczyk
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University at Albany School of Public Health, Rensselaer, NY, USA
Int J Gynaecol Obstet 121:224-8. 2013..To document Georgian physician's knowledge, attitudes, and practices concerning HPV, Pap smear testing, and HPV vaccination, and to assess whether physician practice might change with additional education and training...
- Sexual activity-related outcomes after human papillomavirus vaccination of 11- to 12-year-oldsRobert A Bednarczyk
Center for Health Research Southeast, Kaiser Permanente, Atlanta, Georgia 30305, USA
Pediatrics 130:798-805. 2012..To date, no studies measured clinical markers of sexual activity after HPV vaccination. This study evaluated sexual activity-related clinical outcomes after adolescent vaccination...
- Vaccinating my way--use of alternative vaccination schedules in New York StateJessica A Nadeau
School of Public Health, State University of New York, University at Albany, Rensselaer, NY
J Pediatr 166:151-6. 2015..To identify children vaccinated following an alternative vaccine schedule using immunization information system data and determine the impact of alternative schedule use on vaccine coverage...
- Emergency contraception considerations and use among college womenEve Waltermaurer
Department of Sociology, State University of New York, New Paltz, New York 12561, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 22:141-6. 2013..Emergency contraception (EC) has been available behind the counter without a prescription since 2006. Evidence has shown increased use of EC among young women, but no recent findings have been published to date of current use...
- Neonatal outcomes after antenatal influenza immunization during the 2009 H1N1 influenza pandemic: impact on preterm birth, birth weight, and small for gestational age birthJennifer L Richards
Center for Health Research Southeast, Kaiser Permanente, 11 Piedmont Center, 3495 Piedmont Rd NE, Suite 110, Atlanta, GA 30305, USA
Clin Infect Dis 56:1216-22. 2013..Maternal influenza immunization may prevent these adverse infant outcomes during periods of influenza circulation...
- Affluence as a predictor of vaccine refusal and underimmunization in California private kindergartensLouise Anne McNutt
Institute for Health and the Environment, University at Albany, State University of New York, 5 University Place, A217, Rensselaer, NY 12144, USA Electronic address
Vaccine 34:1733-8. 2016..Non-medical vaccine exemption rates in California private schools far exceed those of public schools, but little is known about specific factors which may be associated with high exemption rates in private schools...
- Alternative approaches to partner notification, diagnosis, and treatment: pharmacists' perspectives on proposed patient delivered partner therapy in New York State, 2007Louise Anne McNutt
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, University at Albany, School of Public Health, One University Place, GEC 125, Rensselaer, NY 12144, USA
Sex Transm Dis 36:178-84. 2009..For some individuals exposed to sexually transmitted infections, the pharmacist may become the sole point of contact with the medical system...
- ReadyVax: A New Mobile Vaccine Information AppRobert A Bednarczyk
a Hubert Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta GA, USA
Hum Vaccin Immunother . 2017..We are continuing outreach efforts to increase app use, and planning for development of an Android-compatible version of ReadyVax, to increase the available market for the app...
- Impact of Statins on Influenza Vaccine Effectiveness Against Medically Attended Acute Respiratory IllnessSaad B Omer
Hubert Department of Global Health Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health Department of Pediatrics Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
J Infect Dis 213:1216-23. 2016..Statins have antiinflammatory effects that may impact vaccine-induced immune responses. We investigated the impact of statin therapy on influenza vaccine effectiveness (VE) against medically attended acute respiratory illness (MAARI)...
- Using the Bayesian Improved Surname Geocoding Method (BISG) to create a working classification of race and ethnicity in a diverse managed care population: a validation studyDzifa Adjaye-Gbewonyo
Center for Health Research Southeast, Kaiser Permanente, Atlanta, GA
Health Serv Res 49:268-83. 2014..To validate classification of race/ethnicity based on the Bayesian Improved Surname Geocoding method (BISG) and assess variations in validity by gender and age...
- Assessment of the role of international travel and unauthorized immigration on measles importation to the United StatesRobert A Bednarczyk
Hubert Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, Emory Vaccine Center, Emory University, Atlanta, GA
J Travel Med 23:. 2016..We compared the potential risk of measles importation from each of these populations...
- Comparative analysis of the Parent Attitudes about Childhood Vaccines (PACV) short scale and the five categories of vaccine acceptance identified by Gust et alOmolade Oladejo
Hubert Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30022, USA Electronic address
Vaccine 34:4964-8. 2016..The PACV short scale requires further validation. In our study, we evaluated how the Gust et al. vaccine acceptance categories correspond with the PACV short scale...
- Knowledge, attitudes, and practices of healthcare providers in the country of Georgia regarding influenza vaccinations for pregnant womenMariam Dvalishvili
Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA Electronic address
Vaccine 34:5907-5911. 2016..To document knowledge, attitudes, and practices of Georgian obstetrician-gynecologists concerning influenza infection and vaccination during pregnancy...
- Trends in Personal Belief Exemption Rates Among Alternative Private Schools: Waldorf, Montessori, and Holistic Kindergartens in California, 2000-2014Julia M Brennan
Julia M Brennan, Jennifer L Richards, Gohar J Warraich, and Saad B Omer are with the Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA Robert A Bednarczyk and Kristen E Allen are with Hubert Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health
Am J Public Health 107:108-112. 2017..To evaluate trends in rates of personal belief exemptions (PBEs) to immunization requirements for private kindergartens in California that practice alternative educational methods...
- Impact of Gender-Specific Human Papillomavirus Vaccine Recommendations on Uptake of Other Adolescent Vaccines: Analysis of the NIS-Teen (2008-2012)Robert A Bednarczyk
Department of Global Health and Epidemiology, Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health Emory Vaccine Center and Cancer Prevention and Control Program, Winship Cancer Institute, Atlanta, Georgia Dr Bednarczyk Emory Vaccine Center, and School of Medicine, Infectious Disease, Atlanta, Georgia Dr Orenstein and Department of Global Health and Epidemiology, Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health Department of Pediatrics, School of Medicine, Emory University and Emory Vaccine Center, Atlanta, Georgia Dr Omer
J Public Health Manag Pract 23:122-125. 2017..4%, respectively). To evaluate unintended consequences of gender-based recommendations, countries with female-only human papillomavirus vaccination recommendations should evaluate gender-specific uptake of other adolescent vaccines...
- Association Between Vaccine Refusal and Vaccine-Preventable Diseases in the United States: A Review of Measles and PertussisVarun K Phadke
Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia
JAMA 315:1149-58. 2016..Recent outbreaks of vaccine-preventable diseases in the United States have drawn attention to this phenomenon. Improved understanding of the association between vaccine refusal and the epidemiology of these diseases is needed...
- A national survey of immunization programs regarding immunization information systems data sharing and useEileen A Curran
Emory University Preparedness and Emergency Response Research Center, Atlanta, Georgia Mss Curran and Seib and Drs Bednarczyk, Hinman, and Omer Hubert Department of Global Health, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia Ms Seib and Drs Hinman and Omer Association of Immunization Managers, Rockville, Maryland Dr Wells and Ms Hannan Center for Health Research Southeast, Kaiser Permanente, Atlanta, Georgia Drs Bednarczyk and Omer and Task Force for Global Health, Decatur, Georgia Dr Hinman
J Public Health Manag Pract 20:591-7. 2014..To determine and characterize practices regarding data sharing and usage (particularly for research) in immunization information systems (IISs), as well as barriers to using such data for research...
- Changes in immunization program managers' perceptions of programs' functional capabilities during and after vaccine shortages and pH1N1Leah F Moriarty
Emory University, Rollins School of Public Health, Hubert Department of Global Health, Atlanta, GA
Public Health Rep 129:42-8. 2014..Evaluating changes in immunization program functionalities and policies following emergency response situations will assist in planning for future vaccine-related emergencies...
- Human papillomavirus vaccine uptake and barriers: association with perceived risk, actual risk and race/ethnicity among female students at a New York State university, 2010Robert A Bednarczyk
Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics, School of Public Health, University at Albany, 1 University Drive, Rensselaer, NY 12144, United States
Vaccine 29:3138-43. 2011..Compared to whites, black/African-American women were 33% less likely to have initiated HPV vaccination. Common reasons for not receiving the HPV vaccine included concerns about vaccine safety and doctors' not recommending vaccination...
- Health disparities in human papillomavirus vaccine coverage: trends analysis from the National Immunization Survey-Teen, 2008-2011Robert A Bednarczyk
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University
Clin Infect Dis 58:238-41. 2014..Minority and below-poverty adolescents consistently had higher series initiation than white and above-poverty adolescents. ..
- Evaluating the most effective distribution strategies to assure administration of pandemic H1N1 influenza vaccine to New York State children and adolescents: evaluation using the New York State Immunization Information SystemRobert A Bednarczyk
Office of Public Health Drs Bednarczyk and Birkhead, Bureau of Immunization Mr Flynn, Mss DuVall, Meldrum, and Santilli and Drs Easton, Sharma, and Blog, Division of Epidemiology Dr Blog, and Emerging Infections Program Dr Zansky, New York State Department of Health, Albany, New York and Department of Epidemiology and Biostatistics Drs McNutt and Birkhead, School of Public Health, University at Albany, Rensselaer, New York
J Public Health Manag Pract 19:589-97. 2013..To examine differences in H1N1 influenza vaccine distribution strategies that may impact the ability to rapidly administer vaccine during a pandemic or public health emergency...
- Privacy in the pharmacy environment: analysis of observations from inside the pharmacyRobert A Bednarczyk
School of Public Health, University at Albany, State University of New York, 1 University Place, Rensselaer, NY 12144, USA
J Am Pharm Assoc (2003) 50:362-7. 2010..To measure the extent to which pharmacist-patient conversations are private...
- Parents' source of vaccine information and impact on vaccine attitudes, beliefs, and nonmedical exemptionsAbbey M Jones
Hubert Department of Global Health, Emory University Rollins School of Public Health, 1518 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Adv Prev Med 2012:932741. 2012..08; 95% CI, 1.49-2.90) and were more likely to have a child with a nonmedical exemption (aOR 3.53, 95% CI, 2.61-4.76). These findings provide context to interpret recent vaccine information seeking research...
- Medical exemptions to school immunization requirements in the United States--association of state policies with medical exemption rates (2004-2011)Stephanie Stadlin
Hubert Department of Global Health, Emory University Rollins School of Public Health, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Infect Dis 206:989-92. 2012..4 [95% confidence interval: 2.7-15.6]). Routine evaluation of medical exemption rates is needed to ensure their appropriate use...
- Safety of influenza immunization during pregnancy for the fetus and the neonateRobert A Bednarczyk
Center for Health Research Southeast, Kaiser Permanente, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Obstet Gynecol 207:S38-46. 2012..Future research should focus on vaccinations that are given in the first trimester of pregnancy and on product-specific analyses to account for differences in manufacturing processes...