Douglas S Ander
Affiliation: Emory University
- Measuring the dyspnea of decompensated heart failure with a visual analog scale: how much improvement is meaningful?Douglas S Ander
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Congest Heart Fail 10:188-91. 2004..9 mm). Patients that recorded higher index VAS scores had a significantly greater change in VAS. VAS scores and the changes with treatment provide the treating physician with another means to assess the effects of their interventions...
- Assessing resident skills in the use of rescue airway devicesDouglas S Ander
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Emergency Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 44:314-9. 2004..Using a bench model, we assessed the efficacy of an advanced airway training program...
- Effectiveness of a simulation-based medical student course on managing life-threatening medical conditionsDouglas S Ander
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Simul Healthc 4:207-11. 2009..To assess the competency and the comfort level of medical students in lifesaving skills after a simulation-based training session and then determine skill retention after 1 year...
- Reporter-Interpreter-Manager-Educator (RIME) descriptive ratings as an evaluation tool in an emergency medicine clerkshipDouglas S Ander
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
J Emerg Med 43:720-7. 2012..The descriptive ratings of the Reporter, Interpreter, Manager, and Educator (RIME) method have been shown to be valuable in other specialties...
- Emergency medicine clerkship curriculum: an update and revisionDavid E Manthey
Department of Emergency Medicine, Wake Forest University School of Medicine, Winston Salem, NC, USA
Acad Emerg Med 17:638-43. 2010....
- The use of simulation and a modified TeamSTEPPS curriculum for medical and nursing student team trainingBethany Robertson
School of Nursing, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30044, USA
Simul Healthc 5:332-7. 2010....
- The validity and reliability of the affective competency score to evaluate death disclosure using standardized patientsTammie E Quest
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
J Palliat Med 9:361-70. 2006....
- The impact of the demand for clinical productivity on student teaching in academic emergency departmentsTodd J Berger
Department of Emergency Medicine, Emory University, 69 Jessie Hill Drive, S E, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Acad Emerg Med 11:1364-7. 2004....
- Clerkship directors in emergency medicine: statement of purposeDavid A Wald
Department of Emergency Medicine, Temple University School of Medicine, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 15:856-9. 2008..The first step has already been taken with the formation of the Academy of CDEM...
- ProTECT: a randomized clinical trial of progesterone for acute traumatic brain injuryDavid W Wright
Department of Emergency Medicine, School of Medicine of Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 49:391-402, 402.e1-2. 2007..Laboratory evidence indicates that progesterone has potent neuroprotective effects. We conducted a pilot clinical trial to assess the safety and potential benefit of administering progesterone to patients with acute traumatic brain injury...
- Report of the Task Force on National Fourth Year Medical Student Emergency Medicine Curriculum GuideDavid E Manthey
Ann Emerg Med 47:e1-7. 2006..The report contains a historical context, global and targeted needs assessment, goals and objectives, recommended educational strategies, implementation guidelines, and suggestions on feedback and evaluation...
- Medical student attitudes toward life-saving clinical skillsDouglas S Ander
Am J Emerg Med 22:58-9. 2004