Alanna Amyre Morris
Affiliation: Emory University
- Influence of race/ethnic differences in pre-transplantation panel reactive antibody on outcomes in heart transplant recipientsAlanna A Morris
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia Electronic address
J Am Coll Cardiol 62:2308-15. 2013..This study sought to investigate post-transplantation outcomes as a function of race and panel reactive antibody (PRA)...
- Racial differences in arterial stiffness and microcirculatory function between Black and White AmericansAlanna A Morris
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Am Heart Assoc 2:e002154. 2013..We hypothesized that racial differences in the prevalence of CVD could be attributed, in part, to impaired vascular function in blacks after adjustment for differences in risk factor burden...
- Differences in systemic oxidative stress based on race and the metabolic syndrome: the Morehouse and Emory Team up to Eliminate Health Disparities (META-Health) studyAlanna A Morris
Division of Cardiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Metab Syndr Relat Disord 10:252-9. 2012..We sought to investigate whether oxidative stress would be higher in African Americans compared to whites independently of traditional risk factor burden...
- The association between depression and leptin is mediated by adiposityAlanna A Morris
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
Psychosom Med 74:483-8. 2012..The link between leptin and depression could be mediated by obesity, which is more common in depression and increases leptin production...
- Association between depression and inflammation--differences by race and sex: the META-Health studyAlanna Amyre Morris
Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Psychosom Med 73:462-8. 2011..However, few studies have examined this association in samples including a significant number of African Americans, or examined whether the association differs by race and sex...