Genomes and Genes
Organization: Emory University
- The effects of cost sharing on access to care among childless adultsGery P Guy
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, 1518 Clifton Road, Room 623, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Health Serv Res 45:1720-39. 2010..To analyze the impact of public health insurance expansions and the use of enrollee cost sharing on insurance status and receipt of clinically indicated preventive screenings and physician services...
- Validation of the worry about sexual outcomes scale for use in STI/HIV prevention interventions for adolescent femalesJessica M Sales
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Health Educ Res 24:140-52. 2009..Future studies employing the WASO might consider testing it with more diverse samples in terms of gender, race/ethnicity, age and sexual orientation...
- Shifting adaptive landscapes: progress and challenges in reconstructing early hominid environmentsJohn D Kingston
Department of Anthropology, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Phys Anthropol . 2007....
- Estrogen deficiency, T cells and bone lossRoberto Pacifici
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Lipids, Department of Medicine and Molecular Pathogenesis Program, Emory University School of Medicine, 101 Woodruff Circle, Room 1307, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cell Immunol 252:68-80. 2008..This review presents our current understanding of the process of estrogen deficiency mediated bone destruction and explores some of the most recent findings and hypotheses to explain estrogen action in bone...
- A qualitative study of how families decide to adopt household smoking restrictionsMichelle Crozier Kegler
Department of Behavioral Sciences and Health Education, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Fam Community Health 30:328-41. 2007..These findings have implications for designing intervention strategies and messages to promote household smoking bans and help family members negotiate smoke-free homes...
- Atypical antipsychotic administration during late pregnancy: placental passage and obstetrical outcomesD Jeffrey Newport
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Am J Psychiatry 164:1214-20. 2007..The objectives of the current study were to quantify placental permeability to antipsychotic medications and to document obstetrical outcomes for women taking these agents proximate to delivery...
- Auditory cortical detection and discrimination correlates with communicative significanceRobert C Liu
Department of Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS Biol 5:e173. 2007....
- Human MD-2 discrimination of meningococcal lipid A structures and activation of TLR4Shanta M Zimmer
Department of Medicine, Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Glycobiology 17:847-56. 2007..05). The hierarchy in the binding affinity of different lipid A structures for human rMD-2 was directly correlated with differences in TLR4 pathway activation and cytokine production by human macrophages...
- Mean-average wall shear stress measurements in the common carotid arteryJohn N Oshinski
Frederik Philips MR Research Center, Department of Radiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Cardiovasc Magn Reson 8:717-22. 2006..0 +/- 4.1 dynes/cm2 in volunteers. There was no significant difference in mean-average WSS, average velocity, peak velocity, flowrate, or vessel diameter in the common carotid artery between patients and volunteers...
- Concentrations of isoflavones in macaques consuming standard laboratory monkey dietFawn C Stroud
Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Assoc Lab Anim Sci 45:20-3. 2006..These data argue for the use of soy-free diets in studies investigating estrogenic effects on physiologic or behavioral endpoints...
- Sleep-wake disturbances and quality of life in patients with advanced lung cancerCatherine Vena
Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Oncol Nurs Forum 33:761-9. 2006....
- Bridging uncharted waters in Georgia: Down Syndrome Association of Atlanta outreach to Latino/a familiesSusan J Martorell
Down Syndrome Association of Atlanta, 1006 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, Georgia 30307, USA
Am J Community Psychol 37:219-25. 2006..Finally, reflections upon the lessons learned and individual and organizational changes that occurred as a result of the process are discussed...
- Blood donation and blood transfusion: special considerations for African AmericansBeth H Shaz
Center for Transfusion and Cellular Therapies, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Transfus Med Rev 22:202-14. 2008....
- A negative electroretinogram (ERG) in a case of probable multiple system atrophy (MSA)Claire S Barnes
Department of Ophthalmology, Emory University, 1365B Clifton Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Doc Ophthalmol 118:247-56. 2009..This introduces another possible diagnosis in cases of negative ERGs with ataxia, and suggests that the visual system may be affected in MSA...
- Carcinoid tumors: what should increase our suspicion?Gaurav Aggarwal
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cleve Clin J Med 75:849-55. 2008..Patients with carcinoid tumors are also at increased risk of developing other malignancies, so close follow-up by their primary care physician is necessary...
- Phasic muscle activity in sleep and clinical features of Parkinson diseaseDonald L Bliwise
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Ann Neurol 68:353-9. 2010..Based on previous studies suggesting that RBD may be prognostic for the development of later parkinsonism, we hypothesized that clinical indicators of disease severity and more rapid progression would be related to PEM...
- Medical utilization among wellness consumersViji Diane Kannan
Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Med Care Res Rev 67:722-36. 2010....
- Improving the quality of care for patients with cystic fibrosisMichael S Schechter
Department of Pediatrics, Division of Pulmonary, Allergy Immunology, Cystic Fibrosis and Sleep, Emory University School of Medicine, Children s Healthcare of Atlanta, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Curr Opin Pediatr 22:296-301. 2010..This article describes the factors that have contributed to the recent acceleration in this improvement and the important role of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation...
- Potent anti-inflammatory activity of novel microtubule-modulating brominated noscapine analogsSusu Zughaier
Division of Infectious Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, United States of America
PLoS ONE 5:e9165. 2010..This study is the first report to identify brominated noscapines as innate immune pathway anti-inflammatory molecules...
- Insights into photoinduced electron transfer between [Ru(bpy)(3)](2+) and [S(2)O(8)](2-) in water: computational and experimental studiesAlexey L Kaledin
Cherry L Emerson Center for Scientific Computation and Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Phys Chem A 114:73-80. 2010..S(2)O(8)](2-), and the unimolecular ET rate is 2.5 times faster than for the bimolecular process. The concentration of the ion-pair complexes decreases at higher sodium phosphate buffer...
- The impact of cigarette taxes and advertising on the demand for cigarettes in UkraineLimin Peng
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Rollins School of Public Health, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Cent Eur J Public Health 17:93-8. 2009..This study estimates the sensitivity of Ukraine population to cigarette prices and the affordability of cigarettes using the macro level data in order to predict the effectiveness of cigarette tax policy...
- Re-evaluating the Gibbs analysis of surface tension at the air/water interfaceFredric M Menger
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Am Chem Soc 131:10380-1. 2009..This conclusion means that the hundreds of published molecular areas obtained by the Gibbs approach should be reconsidered...
- Spiritual well-being, depressive symptoms, and immune status among women living with HIV/AIDSSafiya George Dalmida
Emory University, Nell Hidgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Women Health 49:119-43. 2009..Further research is needed to examine relationships between spirituality and mental and physical health among HIV-positive women...
- A developmental perspective of the relationship of racial-ethnic identity to self-construct, achievement, and behavior in African American childrenChaundrissa Oyeshiku Smith
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30303, USA
Cultur Divers Ethnic Minor Psychol 15:145-57. 2009..Racial-ethnic identity was shown to be modestly but statistically significantly associated with various important child outcomes...
- Transcriptional control of the tumor- and hypoxia-marker carbonic anhydrase 9: A one transcription factor (HIF-1) show?Stefan Kaluz
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Genetics, University of California, Irvine, CA 92697 4025, USA
Biochim Biophys Acta 1795:162-72. 2009..In conclusion, the existing data support the notion that CA9, due to the unique structure of its promoter, is one of the most sensitive endogenous sensors of HIF-1 activity...
- Single chain epidermal growth factor receptor antibody conjugated nanoparticles for in vivo tumor targeting and imagingLily Yang
Department of Surgery, Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Small 5:235-43. 2009..Efficient internalization of ScFvEGFR nanoparticles into tumor cells after systemic delivery suggests that the EGFR-targeted nanoparticles can also be used for the targeted delivery of therapeutic agents...
- Differential oxidation of thioredoxin-1, thioredoxin-2, and glutathione by metal ionsJason M Hansen
Division of Pulmonary, Allergy and Critical Care Medicine, Department of Medicine, School of Medicine, 615 Michael Street, 225 Whitehead Biomedical Research Building, Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Free Radic Biol Med 40:138-45. 2006....
- Mucocutaneous manifestation of cryptococcal infection: report of a case and review of the literatureMehran Mehrabi
Dept of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Emory University, 1365 Clifton Road NE, Suite B2300, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Oral Maxillofac Surg 63:1543-9. 2005
- Redo mitral valve replacement in childrenKirk R Kanter
Division of Cardiothoracic Surgery, Department of Surgery, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Ann Thorac Surg 80:642-5; discussion 645-6. 2005..Despite excellent results with current techniques of mitral valve repair, some children still require mitral valve replacement (MVR). Of necessity, a certain percentage of these children need valve rereplacement (redo MVR)...
- Several convenient methods for the synthesis of 2-amido substituted furansAlbert Padwa
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Org Chem 68:2609-17. 2003..Subsequent cyclization of this highly electrophilic imine with the oxygen atom of the adjacent carbonyl group leads to an imino dihydrofuran that reacts further with another equivalent of Tf(2)O to give the observed product...
- AdoMet-dependent methylation, DNA methyltransferases and base flippingX Cheng
Emory University School of Medicine, Department of Biochemistry, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Nucleic Acids Res 29:3784-95. 2001..Several newly discovered MTase families in eukaryotes (DNA 5mC MTases and protein arginine and lysine MTases) offer new challenges in the MTase field...
- 5-hydroxyindole causes convulsions and increases transmitter release in the CA1 region of the rat hippocampusGuido Mannaioni
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, U S A
Br J Pharmacol 138:245-53. 2003..6 Our results show that 5-OHi causes convulsions, modifies the properties and the function of the hippocampal circuitry, and facilitates the output of both excitatory and inhibitory transmitters...
- Translesion synthesis by RNA polymerases: occurrence and biological implications for transcriptional mutagenesisPaul W Doetsch
Department of Biochemistry and Division of Cancer Biology, Emory University School of Medicine, 4013 Rollins Research Center, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Mutat Res 510:131-40. 2002..Some important biological implications of transcriptional mutagenesis are discussed...
- Screening questions to identify women with von Willebrand diseaseCarolyn D Drews
Department of Epidemiology, Rollins School of Public Health of Emory University, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Am Med Womens Assoc 57:217-8. 2002
- Internalization and trafficking of fluorescent-labeled phospholipids in yeastJ Wylie Nichols
Department of Physiology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Semin Cell Dev Biol 13:179-84. 2002..This review presents an overview of insights gained into phospholipid trafficking and metabolism using this approach...
- Encouraging HIV risk-reduction behaviors and testing with people experiencing homelessnessAnn Connor
Clinical, Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Nurs Educ 42:138-41. 2003..I don't want to leave. I want to come back. These comments suggest the students had their eyes opened in new ways and left with a deeper connection to and understanding of the guests and people living at the edges of society...
- Salmonella meningitis in adults infected with HIV: case report and review of the literatureMichael K Leonard
Department of Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30303, USA
Am J Med Sci 323:266-8. 2002..Only 10 episodes of Salmonella species meningitis in patients infected with HIV are reported in the literature...
- Chronic immune stimulation accelerates SIV-induced disease progressionF Villinger
Department of Pathology, Laboratory Medicine, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Med Primatol 30:254-9. 2001..These findings may have implications for HIV-infected humans suffering from chronic infectious diseases...
- Concise, regioselective synthesis of the ABC tristetrahydropyran of thyrsiferol and venustatriolFrank E McDonald
Department of Chemistry, Emory University, 1515 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Org Lett 4:593-5. 2002....
- AIDS cardiomyopathy: physiological, molecular, and biochemical studies in the transgenic mouseW Lewis
Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Ann N Y Acad Sci 946:46-56. 2001..Each transgenic approach is a model system that affords a distinct opportunity to explore the pathogenesis and pathophysiology of AIDS CM...
- Regulation of glutathione redox status in lung and liver by conditioning regimens and keratinocyte growth factor in murine allogeneic bone marrow transplantationT R Ziegler
Department of Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Transplantation 72:1354-62. 2001..Keratinocyte growth factor (KGF) ameliorates graft-versus-host disease (GVHD)-associated organ injury in murine BMT models...
- Symptomatic and syndromal anxiety and depressionP T Ninan
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University, School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
Depress Anxiety 14:79-85. 2001..Such an approach points out the importance of addressing avoidance behaviors, which may be more responsive to cognitive behavioral treatments than pharmacological agents...
- Activity of the rat GluR4 promoter in transfected cortical neurons and gliaKarin Borges
Department of Pharmacology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Road, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
J Neurochem 86:1162-73. 2003..The relative activity of GluR4 and GluR2 promoters in transfected cells correlates with their expression in brain, and in both promoters regulatory elements for neuronal expression reside near the initiation sites...
- On becoming a nutritional biochemistDonald B McCormick
Department of Biochemistry, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322 3050, USA
Annu Rev Nutr 24:1-11. 2004..Altogether it has been an enjoyable career to be a nutritional biochemist. I recommend it for those who follow...
- Heartbeat control in leeches. II. Fictive motor patternAngela Wenning
Department of Biology, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Neurophysiol 91:397-409. 2004..Moreover, the regular switches in coordination mode of the fictive motor pattern mimic those seen in intact animals indicating that these switches likely arise by a central mechanism...
- Positron emission tomographic imaging of neural correlates of a fear acquisition and extinction paradigm in women with childhood sexual-abuse-related post-traumatic stress disorderJ Douglas Bremner
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA 30306, USA
Psychol Med 35:791-806. 2005..No studies have examined neural correlates of fear conditioning and extinction in patients with post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)...
- Long-term cost-effectiveness of clopidogrel given for up to one year in patients with acute coronary syndromes without ST-segment elevationWilliam S Weintraub
Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 45:838-45. 2005..We sought to evaluate the long-term cost-effectiveness of clopidogrel for up to one year after an acute coronary syndrome (ACS) without ST-segment elevation...
- Peace lessons from an unlikely sourceFrans B M de Waal
Yerkes National Primate Research Center, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia, USA
PLoS Biol 2:E101. 2004
- Production of extracellular superoxide by human lymphoblast cell lines: comparison of electron spin resonance techniques and cytochrome C reduction assaySergey I Dikalov
Free Radical in Medicine CORE, Emory University School of Medicine, 1639 Pierce Drive, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Biochem Pharmacol 73:972-80. 2007..A highly sensitive in vitro measurement of O(2)(-) in human cell lines would allow investigators to study genotype/phenotype interactions in translational studies...
- Demographic variations in blood donor deferrals in a major metropolitan areaB H Shaz
Center for Transfusion and Cellular Therapies, Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine, Emory University School of Medicine, 1364 Clifton Road, NE, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Transfusion 50:881-7. 2010..Minorities are underrepresented as donors in the United States and this may in part be a result of increased donor deferral rates in minorities compared to white individuals...
- Dimensional reduction in sensorimotor systems: a framework for understanding muscle coordination of postureLena H Ting
The Wallace H Coulter Department of Biomedical Engineering at Georgia Tech and Emory University, 313 Ferst Drive, Atlanta, GA 30332 0535, USA
Prog Brain Res 165:299-321. 2007..This framework and accompanying computational models could be used to formulate specific hypotheses about how specific sensory inputs and motor outputs are generated and altered following neural injury, sensory loss, or rehabilitation...
- Modified HIV envelope proteins with enhanced binding to neutralizing monoclonal antibodiesSang Moo Kang
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Road, RRC 3086, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Virology 331:20-32. 2005....
- Intensity gradient based registration and fusion of multi-modal imagesEldad Haber
Mathematics and Computer Science, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Med Image Comput Comput Assist Interv 9:726-33. 2006..In this work we investigate an alternative distance measure which is based on normalized gradients and compare its performance to Mutual Information. We call the new distance measure Normalized Gradient Fields (NGF)...
- ADAM-15/metargidin mediates homotypic aggregation of human T lymphocytes and heterotypic interactions of T lymphocytes with intestinal epithelial cellsLaetitia Charrier
Department of Medicine, Division of Digestive Diseases, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Biol Chem 282:16948-58. 2007..Altogether these findings point to ADAM-15 as a possible therapeutic target for prevention of inappropriate T cell activation involved in some pathologies...
- Phase I study of the farnesyltransferase inhibitor lonafarnib with paclitaxel in solid tumorsFadlo R Khuri
Winship Cancer Institute, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
Clin Cancer Res 10:2968-76. 2004....
- IFN-gamma suspends the killing license of anti-tumor CTLsAron E Lukacher
Department of Pathology, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, Georgia 30322, USA
J Clin Invest 110:1407-9. 2002
- Improvement in obstructive sleep apnea in the supine knees-up positionDonald L Bliwise
Sleep Disorders Center, Emory University Medical School, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Sleep Breath 8:43-7. 2004..This manipulation could be an important adjunctive treatment for a subset of obstructive sleep apnea patients demonstrating such an effect...
- The use of mood stabilizers during breastfeedingZachary N Stowe
Women s Mental Health Program, Emory University School of Medicine, Atlanta, GA, USA
J Clin Psychiatry 68:22-8. 2007..Familiarity with the extant literature and its limitations and practical considerations will enable optimizing treatment plans that maintain maternal mental health, minimize nursing infant exposures, and provide infant monitoring...
- Daytime sleepiness in stable hemodialysis patientsKathy P Parker
Nell Hodgson Woodruff School of Nursing Department of Neurology, Sleep Disorders Center and the Renal Division, Emory University, Atlanta, GA, USA
Am J Kidney Dis 41:394-402. 2003....
- Prevalence of vitamin d insufficiency in patients with Parkinson disease and Alzheimer diseaseMarian L Evatt
Department of Neurology, Emory University School of Medicine, 1841 Clifton Road NE, Atlanta, GA 30329, USA
Arch Neurol 65:1348-52. 2008..A role for vitamin D deficiency in Parkinson disease (PD) has recently been proposed...
- Identification of functionally important regions of a haemoglobin receptor from Neisseria meningitidisD Perkins-Balding
Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Emory School of Medicine, 1510 Clifton Rd, Atlanta, GA 30322, USA
Microbiology 149:3423-35. 2003..In addition, an amino-terminal deletion in the putative cork-like domain of HmbR affected Hb usage but not Hb binding. This result supports a role of the cork domain in utilization steps that are subsequent to Hb binding...
- Genistein affects ER beta- but not ER alpha-dependent gene expression in the hypothalamusHeather B Patisaul
Center for Behavioral Neuroscience, Emory University, Atlanta, Georgia 30329, USA
Endocrinology 143:2189-97. 2002..These results suggest that at this dose, genistein has antiestrogenic action through ER beta in the paraventricular nucleus but negligible activity through ER alpha in the brain...
- Modeling Officer-Level Effects of Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) TrainingMICHAEL COMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- Modeling Officer-Level Effects of Crisis Intervention Team (CIT) TrainingMichael T Compton; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- First-Episode Psychosis and Pre-Onset Cannabis UseMICHAEL COMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2009....
- First-Episode Psychosis and Pre-Onset Cannabis UseMichael T Compton; Fiscal Year: 2010....
- Correlates of Duration of Initial Untreated PsychosisMICHAEL COMPTON; Fiscal Year: 2007..The overall aim of the research project is to provide an in-depth exploration of the potential causes and consequences of initially untreated psychosis among first-episode patients. ..
- Special Scientific Procedures: Statistical Modeling CoreCharles Nemeroff; Fiscal Year: 2007..abstract_text> ..
- Neural Circuits in Women with Abuse and PTSDJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..We hypothesize that paroxetine will result in an improvement in memory function, increased hippocampal volume and NAA, and increased frontal and hippocampal function ..
- Emory-GSK-NIMH Collaborative Mood Disorders InitiativeClinton Kilts; Fiscal Year: 2007..antidepressant drug development brings together expertise of three complementary research groups: the Emory University School of Medicine Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, the Mood and Anxiety Disorders Program ..
- Training Program in Neuroimaging SciencesJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..This Training Program in the Neuroimaging Sciences (T-PINS) at Emory University and the Georgia Institute of Technology provides training for postdoctoral fellows in basic methods of ..
- Neural Circuits in Women with Abuse and PTSDJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2005..We hypothesize increased SC responses will correlate with increased amygdala/decreased prefrontal function in PTSD. Secondary exploratory analyses will compare brain activation patterns in early onset to adult onset PTSD. ..
- Benzodiazepine Receptor in PTSDJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Mechanisms of Depression in CVDJAMES DOUGLAS BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..Understanding brain-based mechanisms by which depression increases mortality from CVD has the potential to lead to new treatments for this disorder. ..
- Neural Circuits in Women with Abuse and PTSDJAMES DOUGLAS BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2010..We hypothesize that paroxetine will result in an improvement in memory function, increased hippocampal volume and NAA, and increased frontal and hippocampal function ..
- Mechanisms of Depression in CVDJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2009..Understanding brain-based mechanisms by which depression increases mortality from CVD has the potential to lead to new treatments for this disorder. ..
- Biological Correlates of Traumatic StressJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2007..b>Emory University has the highest proportion of minority students and faculty of any of the top 25 universities in the US, ..
- HIPPOCAMPUS IN WOMEN WITH CHILDHOOD ABUSE RELATED PTSDJAMES BREMNER; Fiscal Year: 2001..We hypothesize a relationship between a failure in hippocampal activation and hippocampal volume reduction in patients with PTSD. ..
- CYTOMIMETIC ORGANIC CHEMISTRYFREDRIC MENGER; Fiscal Year: 2007....
- Mortality and Renal Disease in a Cohort Study of Lead-Exposed Workers in a SurveiNELSON STEENLAND; Fiscal Year: 2009..The proposed study would be the far larger than any prior cohort study of lead- exposed subjects, and will provide a model of collaboration across state-based surveillance systems. ..
- Mortality and Renal Disease in a Cohort Study of Lead-Exposed Workers in a SurveiNELSON K STEENLAND; Fiscal Year: 2010..The proposed study would be the far larger than any prior cohort study of lead- exposed subjects, and will provide a model of collaboration across state-based surveillance systems. ..
- A Qualitative Study of Household Smoking PoliciesMichelle Kegler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Findings from this formative research will provide the foundation upon which to design and test effective strategies for creating smoke-free homes in rural, low-income communities. ..
- A SOCIAL NETWORK-BASED INTERVENTION TO REDUCE LEAD EXPOSMichelle Kegler; Fiscal Year: 2004..Process evaluation methods include documentation of lay health advisory contacts and interviews with youth and adult volunteers. ..
- HETEROCYCLIC RING COMPOUNDS FOR ALKALOID SYNTHESISAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2007..The generation of biologically active compounds by new synthetic methods remains an important part of both health related and chemical research. ..
- HETEROCYCLIC RING COMPOUNDS FOR ALKALOID SYNTHESISAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2004..It is stated that the generation of biologically-active compounds by synthesis remains an important part of both health related and chemical research. ..
- FAMILY INTERVENTION TO PROMOTE HEALTH IN CHILDRENColleen DiIorio; Fiscal Year: 2004....
- AN ADHERENCE INTERVENTION FOR ANTIRETROVIRAL REGIMENSColleen DiIorio; Fiscal Year: 2002..Each participant will be followed for 12 months. With the effects of attrition incorporated into the sample size calculations, a total of 240 participants or 120 per condition will be required to test the primary hypotheses. ..
- SYNTHESIS OF FUSED HETEROCYCLIC COMPOUNDSAlbert Padwa; Fiscal Year: 2002..The generation of biologically active compounds by new synthetic methods remains an important part of both health related and chemical research. ..