Cynthia D Fair
Affiliation: Elon University
- Congruence of Transition Perspectives Between Adolescents With Perinatally-Acquired HIV and Their Guardians: An Exploratory Qualitative StudyCynthia D Fair
Elon University, NC Electronic address
J Pediatr Nurs 30:684-90. 2015..Fewer dyads agreed upon the level of adolescent and guardian involvement in transition decisions. Providers should assess congruence of adolescent and guardian perspectives regarding transition-related decisions. ..
- Reproductive health decision-making in perinatally HIV-infected adolescents and young adultsCynthia Fair
Elon University, CB 2338, Elon, NC 27244, USA
Matern Child Health J 17:797-808. 2013..Case examples are presented and model program components proposed...
- "Don't tell him you have HIV unless he's 'the one'": romantic relationships among adolescents and young adults with perinatal HIV infectionCynthia Fair
Department of Human Service Studies, Elon University, Elon, NC 27244, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:746-54. 2012..The focus of education must include not only transmission risk factors, but also developing and maintaining healthy relationships in the context of a highly stigmatized illness...
- "It's like losing a part of my family": transition expectations of adolescents living with perinatally acquired HIV and their guardiansCynthia D Fair
Human Service Studies, Elon University, North Carolina 27244, USA
AIDS Patient Care STDS 26:423-9. 2012..Additionally, guardians play an important role in the transition process and may need support to discuss this process with their child...
- The relationship between prenatal control, expectations, experienced control, and birth satisfaction among primiparous womenCynthia D Fair
Human Services Department, CB 2338, Elon University, Elon, NC 27244, USA
Midwifery 28:39-44. 2012..This paper explores the relationship between perceptions of prenatal control, expectations for childbirth, and experienced control in labour and birth and how they individually and collectively affect birth satisfaction...
- Best practices in transitioning youth with HIV: perspectives of pediatric and adult infectious disease care providersCynthia D Fair
Department of Human Service Studies, Elon University, Elon, NC, USA
Psychol Health Med 15:515-27. 2010....
- Sexual coercion, verbal aggression, and condom use consistency among college studentsCynthia D Fair
Human Service Studies Department, Elon University, Elon, North Carolina, USA
J Am Coll Health 59:273-80. 2011..The relationship between condom use and 2 less visible categories of intimate partner violence (IPV), sexual coercion and verbal aggression, was examined among college students...
- Indicators of transition success for youth living with HIV: perspectives of pediatric and adult infectious disease care providersCynthia D Fair
Human Service Studies, Elon University, NC, USA
AIDS Care 23:965-70. 2011..Additionally, future research should seek to operationalize the identified behavioral indicators and determine appropriate values to indicate success for all indicators...