Affiliation: Eli Lilly and Company
- The novel gene locus for agenesis of permanent teeth (He-Zhao deficiency) maps to chromosome 10q11.2W Liu
Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences, PR China
J Dent Res 80:1716-20. 2001..This study has demonstrated a novel gene locus responsible for He-Zhao deficiency and provides a good likelihood for the discovery of one of the genes determining permanent tooth formation and development...
- Genome-wide approach to identify risk factors for therapy-related myeloid leukemiaA Bogni
Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of Tennessee, Memphis, TN 38105 2794, USA
Leukemia 20:239-46. 2006..1, ARNT). This approach has identified several genes whose expression distinguishes patients at risk of t-ML, and suggests targets for assessing germline predisposition to leukemogenesis...
- Genome scan implicates adhesion biological pathways in secondary leukemiaC Hartford
Department of Hematology Oncology, St Jude Children s Research Hospital, Memphis, TN 38105, USA
Leukemia 21:2128-36. 2007..Independent clinical epidemiologic and in vitro genome-wide approaches converged to identify novel pathways that may contribute to therapy-induced leukemia...
- Non-radially polarized THz pulse emitted from femtosecond laser filament in airY Zhang
Institute of Modern Optics, Nankai University, Key Laboratory of Opto electronic Information Science and Technology, Education Ministry of China, Tianjin 300071, PR China
Opt Express 16:15483-8. 2008....
- Accounting for genotyping errors in tagging SNP selectionW Liu
Global Discovery and Development Stats, Eli Lilly and Company, Indianapolis, IN 46285, USA
Ann Hum Genet 71:467-79. 2007..The computer program that implements our modified tagging SNP selection algorithm is available at our web site: http://www.personal.psu.edu/tuy104/...
- Genetic variants of surfactant proteins A, B, C, and D in bronchopulmonary dysplasiaJ Pavlovic
Department of Cellular and Molecular Physiology, PSU, Hershey, PA 17033, USA
Dis Markers 22:277-91. 2006..The data indicate that SP loci are linked to BPD. Studies in different study groups and/or of larger sample size are warranted to confirm these observations and delineate genetic background of BPD subgroups...
- Genetic variation in the COX-2 gene and the association with prostate cancer riskK Shahedi
Department of Radiation Sciences, Oncology, University of Umea, Umea Sweden
Int J Cancer 119:668-72. 2006..036, global simulated p-value=0.046). This study supports the hypothesis that inflammation is involved in prostate carcinogenesis and that sequence variation within the COX-2 gene influence the risk of prostate cancer...
- Association analyses of the neuregulin 1 gene with schizophrenia and manic psychosis in a Hispanic populationC Walss-Bass
Department of Psychiatry, University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio, TX, USA
Acta Psychiatr Scand 113:314-21. 2006..This study used the population of the Central Valley of Costa Rica (CVCR) and phenotyping strategies alternative to DSMIV classifications to investigate the association of neuregulin 1 with schizophrenia...
- Prevalence and genetic diversity of coronaviruses in bats from ChinaX C Tang
State Key Laboratory of Emerging Infectious Diseases, Department of Microbiology, The University of Hong Kong, Faculty of Medicine Building, 21 Sassoon Road, Pokfulam, Hong Kong SAR, China
J Virol 80:7481-90. 2006..Thus, the findings of this study suggest that bats may play an integral role in the ecology and evolution of coronaviruses...
- Sequence variations in the MBL gene and their relationship to pulmonary tuberculosis in the Chinese Han populationW Liu
Beijing Institute of Microbiology and Epidemiology, State Key Laboratory of Pathogen and Biosecurity, Beijing, China
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 10:1098-103. 2006..The mannan binding lectin (MBL) gene is thought to play a role in human innate immune response to tuberculosis (TB) infection...
- Pooling batches in drug stability study by using constant-width simultaneous confidence bandsW Liu
Southampton Statistical Sciences Research Institute and School of Maths, University of Southampton, Southampton, UK
Stat Med 26:2759-71. 2007..In particular, it is shown that constant-width simultaneous confidence bands have a better chance to establish the equivalence than, and so are preferable to, the hyperbola-shaped simultaneous confidence bands considered...
- Genetic isolation of a chromosome 1 region affecting blood pressure in the spontaneously hypertensive ratE St Lezin
Department of Laboratory Medicine, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Hypertension 30:854-9. 1997..The SHR.BN-D1Mit3/Igf2 congenic strain represents an important new model for fine mapping and characterization of genes on chromosome 1 involved in the pathogenesis of spontaneous hypertension...
- Hepatocyte nuclear factor-1 alpha is associated with UGT1A1, UGT1A9 and UGT2B7 mRNA expression in human liverJ Ramirez
Department of Medicine, University of Chicago, Chicago, IL 60637, USA
Pharmacogenomics J 8:152-61. 2008..However, the amount of UGT intergenotype variability explained by HNF1alpha expression appears to be modest, and further studies should investigate the role of multiple transcription factors...
- Spectral and scatterer-size correlation during angular compounding: simulations and experimental studiesW Liu
Department of Medical Physics, University of Wisconsin, 1300 University Avenue, Room 1530 MSC, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Ultrason Imaging 28:230-44. 2006..Theoretical predictions can provide estimates of expected correlations between angular acquisitions when compounding with other transducers...
- Magnetic studies of a syn-anti triatomic carboxylate-bridging chainlike copper(II) complex exhibiting ferromagnetic exchangeL H Jia
Department of Physics, Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan 430074, China
J Chem Phys 127:064702. 2007....
- A guanylyl cyclase-like gene is associated with Gibberella ear rot resistance in maize (Zea mays L.)J Yuan
Department of Plant Agriculture, University of Guelph, Guelph, ON, Canada N1G 2W1
Theor Appl Genet 116:465-79. 2008..graminearum. Zmgc1 is the first guanylyl cyclase gene characterized in maize and the first gene found to be associated with Gibberella ear rot resistance in this plant...
- CCDC134, a novel secretory protein, inhibits activation of ERK and JNK, but not p38 MAPKJ Huang
School of Basic Medical Science, Peking University Health Science Center, Beijing, People s Republic of China
Cell Mol Life Sci 65:338-49. 2008..These results clearly indicate that CCDC134 is a novel member of the secretory family and down-regulates the Raf-1/MEK/ERK and JNK/ SAPK pathways...
- Genomewide association for schizophrenia in the CATIE study: results of stage 1P F Sullivan
Department of Genetics, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Chapel Hill, NC 27599 7264, USA
Mol Psychiatry 13:570-84. 2008....
- Canine microsatellites associated with genes implicated in cardiac development and functionW Liu
Department of Biomedical Sciences, College of Veterinary Medicine, Cornell University, Ithaca, NY 14853, USA
Anim Genet 37:87-8. 2006
- Penetrance of adrenocortical tumours associated with the germline TP53 R337H mutationB C Figueiredo
J Med Genet 43:91-6. 2006..The penetrance of ACT in carriers of the point mutation, which encodes an arginine-to-histidine substitution at codon 337 of TP53 (R337H), has not been determined...
- Genomic organization and mutation analysis of p73 in oligodendrogliomas with chromosome 1 p-arm deletionsM Mai
Department of Laboratory Medicine and Pathology, Mayo Foundation, 200 First Street, S W, Rochester, Minnesota 55905, USA
Genomics 51:359-63. 1998..3 deletions were screened, but no mutations were detected except for several polymorphisms. It is thus clear that p73 is not a candidate gene for oligodendroglioma despite its location in the frequently deleted 1p36.3 region...
- The neuronal ceroid lipofuscinoses in human EPMR and mnd mutant mice are associated with mutations in CLN8S Ranta
Folkhalsan Institute of Genetics, Helsinki, Finland
Nat Genet 23:233-6. 1999..Our data demonstrate that mutations in these orthologous genes underlie NCL phenotypes in human and mouse, and represent the first description of the molecular basis of a naturally occurring animal model for NCL...
- Characterization of three infectious bronchitis virus isolates from China associated with proventriculus in vaccinated chickensL Yu
Animal Health Biotechnology Laboratory, Institute of Molecular Agrobiology, National University of Singapore, Singapore
Avian Dis 45:416-24. 2001..3%-82.3% similarity in comparison with the 47 published S1 sequences. On the basis of genotyping and limited serology, the three isolates, which were responsible for field outbreaks of the disease, might be a new IBV variant...
- Interaction between the melanocortin-1 receptor and P genes contributes to inter-individual variation in skin pigmentation phenotypes in a Tibetan populationJ M Akey
Human Genetics Center, School of Public Health, University of Texas Houston, 77030, USA
Hum Genet 108:516-20. 2001..43; P=0.0105). We also discuss the possible mechanisms of how gene interactions arise in signal transduction pathways...
- Identification of individual walking patterns using time discrete and time continuous data setsW I Schöllhorn
Universitat Munster, Institut für Sportwissen Chaften Leonardo Campus 15, 48149 Munster, Germany
Gait Posture 15:180-6. 2002..Thus, the time continuous approach using artificial networks is an effective tool for identifying subject and group specific locomotion characteristics...
- Natural resistance-associated macrophage protein 1 gene polymorphisms and response to vaccine against or challenge with Salmonella enteritidis in young chicksW Liu
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011 3150, USA
Poult Sci 82:259-66. 2003....
- Candidate gene approach: potentional association of caspase-1, inhibitor of apoptosis protein-1, and prosaposin gene polymorphisms with response to Salmonella enteritidis challenge or vaccination in young chicksW Liu
Department of Animal Science, Iowa State University, Ames, Iowa 50011, USA
Anim Biotechnol 14:61-76. 2003..004). This study is the first to demonstrate the association of SNPs for caspase-1, IAP-1, and PSAP genes with SE vaccine and with pathogen challenge response in chickens...
- Molecular cloning and characterization of a laccase gene from the basidiomycete Fome lignosus and expression in Pichia pastorisW Liu
Department of Enzymology, Institute of Microbiology, Chinese Academy of Sciences, PO Box 2714, 100080 Beijing, PR China
Appl Microbiol Biotechnol 63:174-81. 2003..5 kDa by SDS-PAGE. The optimum pH and temperature were 2.4 and 55 degrees C. The Km and Vmax values for ABTS were 177 microM and 23.54 micromol min(-1) respectively. The extent of glycosylation of the purified enzyme was 58.6%...
- VDR and NRAMP1 gene polymorphisms in susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis among the Chinese Han population: a case-control studyW Liu
Department of Epidemiology, Beijing Institute of Epidemiology and Microbiology, Beijing, PR China
Int J Tuberc Lung Dis 8:428-34. 2004..To explore the potential role of vitamin D receptor (VDR) gene and natural-resistance-associated macrophage protein 1 (NRAMP1) gene polymorphisms in susceptibility to pulmonary tuberculosis (PTB) in the Chinese Han population...
- Semiautomated thermal lesion segmentation for three-dimensional elastographic imagingU Techavipoo
Departmet of Medical Physics, The University of Wisconsin Madison, Madison, WI 53706, USA
Ultrasound Med Biol 30:655-64. 2004..However, area and volume estimates obtained using both manual and semiautomated segmentation of lesions seen on elastograms slightly underestimate areas and volumes measured from pathology...
- Mapping NANOG to chromosome 5 in swineY Yang
State Key Laboratory for Agrobiotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing
Anim Genet 35:411. 2004
- Genotype of Candida species associated with different conditions of vulvovaginal candidosisC Lian
Department of Medical Mycology, Institute of Dermatology, Chinese Academy of Medical Sciences and Peking Union Medical College, Nanjing City, China
Mycoses 47:495-502. 2004..Only a few individuals were found to harbor a distinct genotype of C. albicans isolates associated with a specific disease condition...
- Cloning and mapping MC1R to chromosome 16 in giant pandaX H Liu
State Key Laboratory for Agro Biotechnology, China Agricultural University, Beijing 100094, China
Anim Genet 36:280-1. 2005