Affiliation: Eisai Medical Research
- Blocking of responses to endotoxin by E5564 in healthy volunteers with experimental endotoxemiaMelvyn Lynn
Eisai Medical Research, Teaneck, New Jersey 07666 6741, USA
J Infect Dis 187:631-9. 2003..01). These results demonstrate that E5564 blocks the effects of LPS in a human model of clinical sepsis and indicate its potential in the treatment and/or prevention of clinical sepsis...
- Extended in vivo pharmacodynamic activity of E5564 in normal volunteers with experimental endotoxemia [corrected]Melvyn Lynn
Eisai Medical Research Inc, Glenpointe Centre West, Teaneck, New Jersey 07666 6741, USA
J Pharmacol Exp Ther 308:175-81. 2004..No differences were observed. These results demonstrate that E5564 blocks the effects of endotoxin in a human model of clinical sepsis and indicate its potential in the treatment and/or prevention of clinical sepsis...
- Continuous pharmacodynamic activity of eritoran tetrasodium, a TLR4 antagonist, during intermittent intravenous infusion into normal volunteersDaniel P Rossignol
Eisai Medical Research Inc, Ridgefield Park, New Jersey 07660, USA
Innate Immun 14:383-94. 2008..The objective of this study was to assess the safety, and pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic profile of E5564 infused twice-daily at three target steady-state plasma levels of approximately 1, 3 and 10 microg/ml in healthy volunteers...
- Safety, pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics, and plasma lipoprotein distribution of eritoran (E5564) during continuous intravenous infusion into healthy volunteersDaniel P Rossignol
Eisai Medical Research, Inc, Glenpointe Centre West, 500 Frank W Burr Blvd, Teaneck, NJ 07666 6741, USA
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 48:3233-40. 2004....
- Antagonism of in vivo and ex vivo response to endotoxin by E5564, a synthetic lipid A analogueDaniel P Rossignol
Eisai Medical Research Inc, Teaneck, New Jersey 07666, USA
J Endotoxin Res 8:483-8. 2002..Results from these multiple-dose studies indicate that under these conditions of administration, plasma levels of E5564 can be predictive of long-term pharmacodynamic activity...
- TLR4 antagonists for endotoxemia and beyondDaniel P Rossignol
Eisai Medical Research Inc, NJ 07660, USA
Curr Opin Investig Drugs 6:496-502. 2005..This review discusses current, preclinical and clinical research regarding eritoran (E-5564), an analog of the non-toxic lipid A from Rhodobacter sphaeroides, as well as other antagonists of TLR4 in a variety of diseases...
- Association of the endotoxin antagonist E5564 with high-density lipoproteins in vitro: dependence on low-density and triglyceride-rich lipoprotein concentrationsKishor M Wasan
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, The University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Antimicrob Agents Chemother 47:2796-803. 2003..Information from these studies could be used to help identify the possible components of lipoproteins which influence the interaction of E5564 with specific lipoprotein particles...
- Safety, pharmacokinetics, and pharmacodynamics of E5564, a lipid A antagonist, during an ascending single-dose clinical studyY Nancy Wong
Eisai Research Institute, 1 Corporate Drive, Andover, MA 01810, USA
J Clin Pharmacol 43:735-42. 2003..E5564 lacked LPS-like agonist activity at doses up to 3.5 mg. Taken together, we believe that E5564 is a safe, potent antagonist of LPS in blood and will likely benefit patients in the treatment of LPS-related diseases...
- Experimental human endotoxemia is associated with depression of load-independent contractility indices: prevention by the lipid a analogue E5531Anand Kumar
Section of Critical Care Medicine, Health Sciences Centre, GE706, 820 Sherbrook St, Winnipeg, MB, Canada, R3A 1R9
Chest 126:860-7. 2004....
- Influence of plasma cholesterol and triglyceride concentrations and eritoran (E5564) micelle size on its plasma pharmacokinetics and ex vivo activity following single intravenous bolus dose into healthy female rabbitsKishor M Wasan
Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, University of British Columbia, Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Pharm Res 25:176-82. 2008..This was done with eritoran administered as stable micelle formulations of mean hydrodynamic diameters of 8 or 27 nm)...
- Elevated plasma levels of limulus amoebocyte lysate-reactive materialDaniel Rossignol
J Infect Dis 194:1340; author reply 1340-1. 2006