Affiliation: Education Development Center
- Sexual behaviors and risks among bisexually- and gay-identified young Latino menGail Agronick
Education Development Center, Inc, Newton, Massachusetts 02458, USA
AIDS Behav 8:185-97. 2004..Findings suggest that prevention programs need to address the particular sexual risk patterns of bisexually-identified Latino YMSM that place them at risk of both HIV infection and transmission...
- New York City young adults' psychological reactions to 9/11: findings from the Reach for Health longitudinal studyGail Agronick
Education Development Center, Inc, 55 Chapel Street, Newton, MA 02458, USA
Am J Community Psychol 39:79-90. 2007..Greater exposure is related to distress among those who, during high school, reported lower distress, as well as among those who reported prior greater distress...
- Parenting practices, parents' underestimation of daughters' risks, and alcohol and sexual behaviors of urban girlsLydia O'Donnell
Health and Human Development Programs, Education Development Center, Inc, Newton, Massachusetts 02458, USA
J Adolesc Health 42:496-502. 2008..This article reports on the extent to which parents of young teens underestimate both the risks their daughters are exposed to and the considerable influence that they have over their children's decisions and behaviors...
- Intimate partner violence among economically disadvantaged young adult women: associations with adolescent risk-taking and pregnancy experiencesLydia O'Donnell
Health and Human Development Program, Education Development Center, Newton, MA, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 41:84-91. 2009..It is therefore important to assess how adolescent risk behaviors and pregnancy experiences are linked to such violence during young adulthood...
- Keep It Up: development of a community-based health screening and HIV prevention strategy for reaching young African American menLydia O'Donnell
Health and Human Development Programs, Education Development Center, Inc, Newton, MA 02459, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 21:299-313. 2009....
- Ethnic and gay community attachments and sexual risk behaviors among urban Latino young men who have sex with menLydia O'Donnell
Education Development Center, Inc, 55 Chapel St, Newton, MA 02458, USA
AIDS Educ Prev 14:457-71. 2002..Gay community attachment was not significantly related to risk behaviors. Findings point to the importance of ethnic ties and involving ethnic community organizations in HIV prevention efforts...
- Saving Sex for Later: an evaluation of a parent education interventionLydia O'Donnell
Health and Human Development Programs, Education Development Center, Newton, MA, USA
Perspect Sex Reprod Health 37:166-73. 2005..A promising strategy for addressing early adolescent sexual activity is parent education that addresses normal pubertal changes and the challenges of becoming a teenager...
- Using peer recruitment and OraSure to increase HIV testingSue Vargo
Education Development Center, Inc, Newton, MA 02458, USA
Am J Public Health 94:29-31. 2004..5% and 21.8%, respectively. The use of a social network recruitment strategy in combination with an oral HIV test shows promise in increasing testing and in targeting populations...