Affiliation: Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Protein profiling in urine for the diagnosis of bladder cancerAntonia Vlahou
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA, USA
Clin Chem 50:1438-41. 2004
- Application of a novel protein chip mass spectrometry technology for the identification of bladder cancer-associated biomarkersAntonia Vlahou
Department of Microbiology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Virginia Prostate Center, Norfolk 23510, USA
Adv Exp Med Biol 539:47-60. 2003
- Overexpression of alpha-defensin is associated with bladder cancer invasivenessDaniel A Holterman
Departments of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Urol Oncol 24:97-108. 2006..We propose that autocrine tumor expression of alpha-defensins may play an important role in facilitating the invasive phenotype of bladder cancer in patients...
- Identification of reproducible low mass SELDI protein profiles specific to cisplatin resistance in human ovarian cancer cellsRichard A Britten
Department of Radiation Oncology, 600 Gresham Drive, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Oncol Rep 14:1323-30. 2005..These data suggest that SELDI-based proteomic profiling may be useful in monitoring the emergence of cisplatin-resistant tumor cell clones...
- A novel approach toward development of a rapid blood test for breast cancerAntonia Vlahou
Department of Microbiology, and Virginia Prostate Center, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Clin Breast Cancer 4:203-9. 2003..The combination of SELDI ProteinChip mass spectrometry and a classification- and regression-tree algorithm has the potential to use serum protein expression profiles for detection and diagnosis of breast cancer...
- Pharmacoproteomic analysis of prechemotherapy and postchemotherapy plasma samples from patients receiving neoadjuvant or adjuvant chemotherapy for breast carcinomaLajos Pusztai
Department of Breast Medical Oncology, The University of Texas M D Anderson Cancer Center, Houston, Texas 77030 4009, USA
Cancer 100:1814-22. 2004..The authors also compared the plasma profiles of patients with cancer with the plasma profiles of healthy women to identify breast carcinoma-associated protein markers...
- Sample preparation and bioinformatics in MALDI profiling of urinary proteinsPanagiotis Zerefos
Foundation for Biomedical Research of the Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
J Chromatogr B Analyt Technol Biomed Life Sci 853:20-30. 2007..The importance of the presence of peak reproducibility filters when generating disease classification models is suggested...
- Challenges of using mass spectrometry as a bladder cancer biomarker discovery platformEric Schiffer
Mosaiques Diagnostics and Therapeutics AG, Hannover, Germany
World J Urol 26:67-74. 2008..In consequence, the necessity of repeated screening for reappearance demonstrates the urgent need for novel biomarkers as alternatives to invasive standard procedures...
- Urine sample preparation and protein profiling by two-dimensional electrophoresis and matrix-assisted laser desorption ionization time of flight mass spectroscopyPanagiotis G Zerefos
Division of Biotechnology, Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens, Athens, Greece
Methods Mol Biol 428:141-57. 2008....
- Search for potential markers for prostate cancer diagnosis, prognosis and treatment in clinical tissue specimens using amine-specific isobaric tagging (iTRAQ) with two-dimensional liquid chromatography and tandem mass spectrometrySpiros D Garbis
Biomedical Research Foundation, Academy of Athens, Greece
J Proteome Res 7:3146-58. 2008..The PCa proteome found can serve as a useful aid for the identification of improved diagnostic and prognostic markers and ultimately novel chemopreventive and therapeutic targets...