William W McDaniel
Affiliation: Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Electroconvulsive therapy in complex regional pain syndromesWilliam W McDaniel
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
J ECT 19:226-9. 2003..The literature regarding the role of ECT in the management of chronic pain is reviewed and discussed in light of recent findings about ECT and changes in neurotransmission associated with seizures...
- Topiramate effect in catatonia: a case seriesWilliam W McDaniel
Department of Psychiatry, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 825 Fairfax Ave, 710, Norfolk, 23507, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 18:234-8. 2006..In two cases, continued topiramate therapy was accompanied by sustained remission. These case reports present a novel approach to the treatment of catatonia...
- Ketamine appears associated with better word recall than etomidate after a course of 6 electroconvulsive therapiesWilliam W McDaniel
Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Science, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 825 Fairfax Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
J ECT 22:103-6. 2006....
- Review of adjunctive glutamate antagonist therapy in the treatment of catatonic syndromesBrendan T Carroll
University of Cincinnati, Ohio, USA
J Neuropsychiatry Clin Neurosci 19:406-12. 2007..Further study of glutamate antagonists in the treatment of catatonia is needed...
- Ketamine associated with improved memory function after ECTWilliam W McDaniel
J ECT 20:275. 2004