Affiliation: Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Duct tape removes wartsThomas J Lynch
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, USA
J Fam Pract 52:111-2. 2003..It is an unusual and welcome event in health care when a common ailment is proven equally amenable to an inexpensive, tolerable, and safe alternative therapy...
- Choosing optimal antimicrobial therapiesThomas J Lynch
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23501, USA
Med Clin North Am 96:1079-94. 2012..Taking this action will decrease the potential for adverse drug effects and the risk of development of antibiotic-induced resistance...
- Medication costs as a primary cause of nonadherence in the elderlyTom Lynch
Geriatric Pharmacotherapy Program, Virginia Commonwealth University, School of Pharmacy, Richmond, USA
Consult Pharm 21:143-6. 2006..The case demonstrates some of the techniques that a pharmacist can use to adjust a patient's medication regimen to reduce the cost load, improve adherence, and maintain treatment goals...
- Management of drug-drug interactions: considerations for special populations--focus on opioid use in the elderly and long term careTom Lynch
Department of Family and Community Medicine, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 651 Colley Avenue, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
Am J Manag Care 17:S293-8. 2011..There are several practice management recommendations for opioid therapy in the elderly and long term care residents, with the goal of optimizing analgesia while avoiding adverse events and drug interactions...
- The state of clinical pharmacy practice in family practice residency programsLori M Dickerson
Department of Family Medicine, Medical University of South Carolina, USA
Fam Med 34:653-7. 2002..This survey was designed to evaluate the current state of clinical pharmacy services in the family practice residency program (FPRP) in the United States...