Laura K Hanson
Affiliation: Eastern Virginia Medical School
- Characterization and regulation of essential murine cytomegalovirus genes m142 and m143Laura K Hanson
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23501, USA
Virology 334:166-77. 2005..This failure to transactivate, along with their essential nature, makes m142 and m143 unique among the immediate-early genes of the US22 gene family...
- Murine cytomegalovirus US22 protein pM140 protects its binding partner, pM141, from proteasome-dependent but ubiquitin-independent degradationLisa L Bolin
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 700 W Olney Rd, P O Box 1980, Norfolk, VA 23501, USA
J Virol 84:2164-8. 2010..The M140 protein thus contains multiple domains that collectively confer a structure necessary to function in virion assembly in macrophages...
- Murine cytomegalovirus capsid assembly is dependent on US22 family gene M140 in infected macrophagesLaura K Hanson
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
J Virol 83:7449-56. 2009..It appears, therefore, that pM140 indirectly influences MCMV capsid formation in differentiated macrophages by regulating the stability of viral structural proteins...
- Complex formation among murine cytomegalovirus US22 proteins encoded by genes M139, M140, and M141Zaruhi Karabekian
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 700 W Olney Rd, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
J Virol 79:3525-35. 2005..Thus, complexing of these nonessential, early MCMV proteins likely confers a function(s) independent of each individual protein and important for optimal replication of MCMV in its natural host...
- Regulation of PURA gene transcription by three promoters generating distinctly spliced 5-prime leaders: a novel means of fine control over tissue specificity and viral signalsMargaret J Wortman
Department of Microbiology and Molecular Cell Biology, Eastern Virginia Medical School, 700 W, Olney Road, Norfolk, VA 23507, USA
BMC Mol Biol 11:81. 2010..The distinct but related roles of Purα suggest a need for expression regulated differently depending on intracellular and external signals...
- Double-stranded RNA binding by a heterodimeric complex of murine cytomegalovirus m142 and m143 proteinsStephanie J Child
Division of Human Biology, Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Avenue N, MS C2 023, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
J Virol 80:10173-80. 2006..However, unlike other well-studied examples, the MCMV proteins appear to act in a heterodimeric complex...