Robert J Tanenberg
Affiliation: East Carolina University
- Diabetic muscle infarction: a rare complication of long-standing and poorly controlled diabetes mellitusShridhar N Iyer
Division of General Internal Medicine, Department of Internal Medicine, The Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Case Report Med 2011:407921. 2011..Treatment is supportive. Although the short-term prognosis is good in these patients, the long-term prognosis is poor...
- Outcomes of Roux-en-Y gastric bypass surgery for severely obese patients with type 1 diabetes: a case series reportCarlos E Mendez
Diabetes and Obesity Institute, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA
Diabetes Metab Syndr Obes 3:281-3. 2010..However, reaching optimal glycemic control in patients with DM1 diabetes remains challenging due to persisting insulin deficiency...
- Confirmation of hypoglycemia in the "dead-in-bed" syndrome, as captured by a retrospective continuous glucose monitoring systemRobert J Tanenberg
Department of Endocrinology, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
Endocr Pract 16:244-8. 2010..To report a case that substantiates the presence of hypoglycemia at the time of death of a young man with type 1 diabetes, who was found unresponsive in his undisturbed bed in the morning...
- Primary care fellowship in diabetes: an innovative program in postgraduate diabetes educationRobert J Tanenberg
Department of Internal Medicine, The Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
Teach Learn Med 21:334-43. 2009..To address the need of caring for the growing number of patients with diabetes, East Carolina University implemented a 1-year fellowship in diabetes. Most of the region has been designated as Health Professional Shortage Areas...
- Case report of acute necrotizing pancreatitis associated with combination treatment of sitagliptin and exenatideShridhar N Iyer
Department of Internal Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, North Carolina 27834, USA
Endocr Pract 18:e10-3. 2012..To report the first postmarketing case of necrotizing pancreatitis in a patient on combination therapy of sitagliptin and exenatide...
- Transitioning pharmacologic therapy from oral agents to insulin for type 2 diabetesRobert J Tanenberg
Diabetes and Obesity Center, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC 27858 4354, USA
Curr Med Res Opin 20:541-53. 2004..Approaches to initiating insulin therapy and adjusting treatment regimens are discussed, with a view towards making the addition or switch to insulin a simple and achievable next step in treatment...
- GLP-1 response to a mixed meal: what happens 10 years after Roux-en-Y gastric bypass (RYGB)?Moahad S Dar
Department of Internal Medicine, Section of Endocrinology and Metabolism, Brody School of Medicine at East Carolina University, 3E 129 Brody Building, 600 Moye Boulevard, Greenville, NC 27834, USA
Obes Surg 22:1077-83. 2012..This effect is exaggerated during short-term follow-up of Roux-en-y gastric bypass (RYGB). We examined the durability of this effect in patient with type 2 diabetes (T2DM) >10 years after RYGB...
- The efficacy and safety of DPP4 inhibitors compared to sulfonylureas as add-on therapy to metformin in patients with Type 2 diabetes: A systematic review and meta-analysisBasem M Mishriky
Department of Internal Medicine, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, United States
Diabetes Res Clin Pract 109:378-88. 2015..By contrast, DPP4-I produce 0.4-0.6% (4-7 mmol/mol) reduction in HbA1c, lower risk of hypoglycemia, and weight loss...
- Acute myocardial infarction attributable to adrenergic crises in a patient with pheochromocytoma and neurofibromatosis 1Lioubov S Boulkina
Department of Endocrinology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, USA
Endocr Pract 13:269-73. 2007....
- Diabetic neuropathy is related to joint stiffness during late stance phaseD S Blaise Williams
Department of Physical Therapy, East Carolina University, Greenville, NC, USA
J Appl Biomech 23:251-60. 2007..This may partially relate to the changes in plantar pressures beneath the metatarsal heads present in individuals with neuropathy...