Affiliation: DuPont Pharmaceuticals Company
- A selective peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor-gamma (PPARgamma) modulator blocks adipocyte differentiation but stimulates glucose uptake in 3T3-L1 adipocytesR Mukherjee
Department of Pharmacology, Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
Mol Endocrinol 14:1425-33. 2000..If selective PPARgamma modulators block adipogenesis in vivo, they may prevent obesity, lower insulin resistance, and delay the onset of type 2 diabetes...
- RXR agonists activate PPARalpha-inducible genes, lower triglycerides, and raise HDL levels in vivoR Mukherjee
Department of Pharmacology, Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, Calif 92121, USA
Arterioscler Thromb Vasc Biol 18:272-6. 1998..This observation suggests the use of RXR-selective agonists, "rexinoids," either alone or in combination with a fibrate as a new therapeutic approach to treating patients with high triglyceride and low HDL cholesterol levels...
- Identification, characterization, and tissue distribution of human peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) isoforms PPARgamma2 versus PPARgamma1 and activation with retinoid X receptor agonists and antagonistsR Mukherjee
Department of Cardiovascular Research, Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, California 92121, USA
J Biol Chem 272:8071-6. 1997..Interestingly, a third protected band was detected with fat RNA indicating the possible existence of a third human PPARgamma isoform...
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) gamma and retinoid X receptor (RXR) agonists have complementary effects on glucose and lipid metabolism in human skeletal muscleB S Cha
Veterans Affairs San Diego Healthcare System, San Diego and Department of Medicine, University of California, San Diego, California, USA
Diabetologia 44:444-52. 2001....
- Peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor subtype-specific regulation of hepatic and peripheral gene expression in the Zucker diabetic fatty ratS L Dana
Department of Pharmacology, Ligand Pharmaceuticals, Inc, San Diego, CA 92121, USA
Metabolism 50:963-71. 2001..The results of these studies suggest that activation of PPAR-alpha as well as PPAR-gamma in therapy for type 2 diabetes will enhance glucose and triglyceride control by combining actions in hepatic and peripheral tissues...
- The human peroxisome proliferator-activated receptor (PPAR) subtype NUC1 represses the activation of hPPAR alpha and thyroid hormone receptorsL Jow
Department of Molecular Biology, Ligand Pharmaceuticals Inc, San Diego, California 92121
J Biol Chem 270:3836-40. 1995..Our data further suggests convergence of thyroid hormone- and peroxisome-mediated fatty acid metabolism pathways. Overcoming hNUC1 repression could be a means of increasing the activity of these receptors...