Susan D Yaggy
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Just for Us: an academic medical center-community partnership to maintain the health of a frail low-income senior populationSusan D Yaggy
Division of Community Health, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Box 2914, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Gerontologist 46:271-6. 2006..To promote health and maintain independence, Just for Us provides financially sustainable, in-home, integrated care to medically fragile, low-income seniors and disabled adults living in subsidized housing...
- Neighborhood clinics: an academic medical center-community health center partnershipMina Silberberg
Division of Community Health at Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Health Care Poor Underserved 18:516-22. 2007..The clinic expands the community's primary care capacity, combining advantages of big and small settings, and of its dual affiliation. Survey data suggest the clinic prevents health care delays and lowers emergency department use...
- Making a home in the community for the academic medical centerJ Lloyd Michener
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Acad Med 80:57-61. 2005..These programs are also innovative. They are designed to model and test new ways of organizing and delivering care. Preliminary indications suggest that they also strengthen the AMC's relationships with the surrounding community...
- Alternative models for academic family practicesJ Lloyd Michener
Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, USA
BMC Health Serv Res 6:38. 2006..Alternative models for academic family practices that are economically viable and consistent with the principles of family medicine are needed. This article presents several "experiments" to address these challenges...
- Stroke-related knowledge among uninsured Latino immigrants in Durham County, North CarolinaLarry B Goldstein
Department of Medicine Neurology, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Stroke Cerebrovasc Dis 18:229-31. 2009..Knowledge of stroke risk factors and symptoms is a necessary prerequisite for improving prevention and reducing treatment delays. Little is known about stroke-related knowledge among the US immigrant Latino population...
- Health needs and barriers to healthcare of women who have experienced intimate partner violenceKate S Wilson
Division of Community Health, Department of Community and Family Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Womens Health (Larchmt) 16:1485-98. 2007..This study assessed the health needs and barriers to healthcare among women with a history of intimate partner violence (IPV) as told by women themselves...