Kathryn A Wood
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Point-of-sale tobacco advertising in Beirut, Lebanon following a national advertising banRamzi G Salloum
Health Policy and Management, Gillings School of Global Public Health, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, 1102F McGavran Greenberg, 135 Dauer Drive, Chapel Hill, NC 27599, USA
BMC Public Health 13:534. 2013..The objective of this study was to conduct an audit of point-of-sale (POS) tobacco advertising and assess compliance with an advertising ban in a large district of Beirut, Lebanon...
- Rapid response systems in adult academic medical centersKathryn A Wood
Department of Physiological Nursing, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, USA
Jt Comm J Qual Patient Saf 35:475-82, 437. 2009....
- Patient perception of symptoms and quality of life following ablation in patients with supraventricular tachycardiaKathryn A Wood
Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Heart Lung 39:12-20. 2010..To determine how patient perceptions of symptoms and QOL change after ablation, we used a single group pretest-posttest design...
- Audio feedback for student writing in online nursing courses: exploring student and instructor reactionsKathryn A Wood
Duke University School of Nursing, Durham, NC, USA
J Nurs Educ 50:540-3. 2011..Results from a survey completed by 30 students at completion of the course suggest a strong preference for audio feedback. This pilot study suggests that audio feedback may be preferable to written comments for distance learning courses...
- Development and initial psychometric evaluation of the Patient Perspective of Arrhythmia QuestionnaireKathryn A Wood
School of Nursing, Duke University, 307 Trent Drive, DUMC Box 3322, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Res Nurs Health 32:504-16. 2009..Preliminary evidence from patients with supraventricular arrhythmias suggests that the questionnaire has acceptable psychometrics and could be useful in future studies of arrhythmia patients...
- Psychopathology and symptoms of atrial fibrillation: implications for therapyAnil K Gehi
Department of Medicine, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, NC, USA
J Cardiovasc Electrophysiol 23:473-8. 2012..However, little is known regarding what drives AF symptoms. Several limited studies suggest that psychological distress may be linked with AF symptom severity...
- Supraventricular tachycardia and the struggle to be believedKathryn A Wood
Family Health Care Nursing, Box 0606, 2 Koret Way, Nursing 411Y, School of Nursing, University of California, San Francisco, San Francisco, CA 94143 0606, United States
Eur J Cardiovasc Nurs 6:293-302. 2007..Realistic expectations of symptoms, patient management strategies, and treatment options are important components of patient education and treatment decisions...