Jessica D Tenenbaum
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- An Altered Treatment Plan Based on Direct to Consumer (DTC) Genetic Testing: Personalized Medicine from the Patient/Pin-cushion PerspectiveJessica D Tenenbaum
Duke Translational Medicine Institute, Durham, NC 27715, USA
J Pers Med 2:192-200. 2012..We also discuss what steps are needed to increase the utility of genomic data in personalized medicine by collecting information and converting it into actionable knowledge. ..
- An informatics research agenda to support precision medicine: seven key areasJessica D Tenenbaum
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 23:791-5. 2016..This perspective highlights seven key areas that are in need of further informatics research and innovation to support the realization of PM. ..
- Translational Bioinformatics: Past, Present, and FutureJessica D Tenenbaum
Department of Biostatistics and Bioinformatics, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, USA Electronic address
Genomics Proteomics Bioinformatics 14:31-41. 2016..This review provides a definition and contextualization of the term TBI, describes the discipline's brief history and past accomplishments, as well as current foci, and concludes with predictions of future directions in the field. ..
- TRANSLATIONAL BIOINFORMATICS 101Jessica D Tenenbaum
Department of Bioinformatics and Biostatistics, Duke University, Durham, NC 27715, USA
Pac Symp Biocomput 21:552-6. 2016..The following sections are included:Workshop FocusWorkshop AgendaWorkshop ContributionsReferences. ..
- Expression-based Pathway Signature Analysis (EPSA): mining publicly available microarray data for insight into human diseaseJessica D Tenenbaum
Stanford Medical Informatics, 251 Campus Drive MSOB x215, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
BMC Med Genomics 1:51. 2008..However, these datasets remain highly underutilized. Reutilizing the data could offer insights into questions and diseases entirely distinct from those considered in the original experimental design...
- The Biomedical Resource Ontology (BRO) to enable resource discovery in clinical and translational researchJessica D Tenenbaum
Duke Translational Medicine Institute, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC, USA
J Biomed Inform 44:137-45. 2011....
- Evaluation of microarray surfaces and arraying parameters for autoantibody profilingImelda Balboni
Department of Medicine, Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Stanford University, Stanford, CA 94305, USA
Proteomics 8:3443-9. 2008..By optimizing the major variables in our autoantigen microarray platform, subtle differences in serum samples can be identified that will shed light on disease pathogenesis...
- Multiplexed protein array platforms for analysis of autoimmune diseasesImelda Balboni
Department of Medicine, Division of Immunology and Rheumatology, Stanford University School of Medicine, Stanford, California 94305, USA
Annu Rev Immunol 24:391-418. 2006..We conclude by reviewing advances in biomedical informatics that will eventually allow the human proteome to be deciphered...
- A sea of standards for omics data: sink or swim?Jessica D Tenenbaum
Duke Translational Medicine Institute, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
J Am Med Inform Assoc 21:200-3. 2014..Would-be standards adopters must strike a balance between planning for the future and minimizing the burden of compliance. Better tools and resources are required to help guide this balancing act. ..