Keith M Sullivan
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Hematopoietic cell transplantation for autoimmune disease: updates from Europe and the United StatesKeith M Sullivan
Division of Cellular Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27708, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:S48-56. 2010..These clinical trials will provide basic scientists with insight into immunoregulatory pathways and clinicians with a context to weigh the progress and evidence in this evolving treatment for autoimmune diseases...
- Chronic graft-versus-host diseaseMitchell E Horwitz
Division of Cellular Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, 2400 Pratt Street DUMC 3961, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Blood Rev 20:15-27. 2006..Topical therapy to affected areas is preferred for patients with mild disease. The 10-year survival of patients with mild chronic GVHD is approximately 80%, but is less than 5% for patients affected by severe chronic GVHD...
- Adult dual umbilical cord blood transplantation using myeloablative total body irradiation (1350 cGy) and fludarabine conditioningJunya Kanda
Adult Stem Cell Transplant Program, Division of Cellular Therapy, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 17:867-74. 2011..This study supports the use of TBI 1350 cGy/Flu as an alternative to conventional myeloablative conditioning for dual UCB transplantation...
- "Short course" bortezomib plus melphalan and prednisone as induction prior to transplant or as frontline therapy for nontransplant candidates in patients with previously untreated multiple myelomaCristina Gasparetto
Department of Cellular Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 16:70-7. 2010..VMP did not negatively affect stem cell collection. Longer follow-up and prospective phase III trials are required to validate these initial observations...
- Partially matched, nonmyeloablative allogeneic transplantation: clinical outcomes and immune reconstitutionDavid A Rizzieri
Department of Medicine, Division of Cellular Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Clin Oncol 25:690-7. 2007..To allow a donor to be found for nearly all patients, we have used a nonmyeloablative conditioning regimen in conjunction with stem cells from a related donor with one fully mismatched HLA haplotype...
- Clinical course and flow cytometric analysis of paroxysmal nocturnal hemoglobinuria in the United States and JapanJun ichi Nishimura
PNH Research Committee, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Medicine (Baltimore) 83:193-207. 2004..These data identify important differences between white and Asian patients with PNH. Identification of prognostic factors will help the design of prospective clinical trials for PNH...
- Adult recipients of umbilical cord blood transplants after nonmyeloablative preparative regimensNelson J Chao
Division of Cellular Therapy BMT, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 10:569-75. 2004..This result provides a basis for further exploring this potentially curative approach to selected patients who lack matched related or unrelated hematopoietic stem cell donors...
- Feasibility of low-dose interleukin-2 therapy following T-cell-depleted nonmyeloablative allogeneic hematopoietic stem cell transplantation from HLA-matched or -mismatched family member donorsDavid A Rizzieri
Department of Medicine, Division of Cellular Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Cancer Invest 29:56-61. 2011..The primary objective of this pilot study was to evaluate the feasibility of administering IL-2 following a T-cell-depleted nonmyeloablative hematopoietic stem cell transplant...
- Bone marrow transplantation for non-malignant diseaseKeith M Sullivan
Division of Medical Oncology and Transplantation, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Int J Hematol 76:169-70. 2002
- Morbidity and mortality of chronic GVHD after hematopoietic stem cell transplantation from HLA-identical siblings for patients with aplastic or refractory anemiasMartin Goerner
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center and the University of Washington, Seattle 98109 1024, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 8:47-56. 2002..Decisive improvements in therapy and survival will have to await both a better understanding of the immunological events underlying chronic GVHD and better infection prevention and control...
- High-dose immunosuppressive therapy for severe systemic sclerosis: initial outcomesPeter A McSweeney
University of Colorado Health Sciences Center, Denver 80262, USA
Blood 100:1602-10. 2002..Responses in skin and mHAQ-DI scores exceed those reported with other therapies, suggesting that HDIT is a promising new therapy for SSc that should be evaluated in prospective randomized studies...
- High-dose immunosuppressive therapy and autologous peripheral blood stem cell transplantation for severe multiple sclerosisRichard A Nash
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, 1100 Fairview Ave N, D1 100, PO Box 19024, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Blood 102:2364-72. 2003..This was a heterogeneous high-risk group, and a phase 3 study is planned to fully assess efficacy...
- High-dose immunosuppressive therapy and autologous hematopoietic cell transplantation for severe systemic sclerosis: long-term follow-up of the US multicenter pilot studyRichard A Nash
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109 1024, USA
Blood 110:1388-96. 2007..Sustained responses including a decrease in dermal fibrosis were observed exceeding those previously reported with other therapies. HDIT and autologous HCT for SSc should be evaluated in a randomized clinical trial...
- Results of minimally toxic nonmyeloablative transplantation in patients with sickle cell anemia and beta-thalassemiaRobert Iannone
Department of Pediatrics, Johns Hopkins Hospital and Oncology Center, Baltimore, Maryland, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:519-28. 2003....
- Allogeneic marrow transplantation in patients with severe systemic sclerosis: resolution of dermal fibrosisRichard A Nash
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA, USA
Arthritis Rheum 54:1982-6. 2006..To evaluate the safety and efficacy of allogeneic hematopoietic cell transplantation (HCT) after myeloablative conditioning in patients with severe systemic sclerosis (SSc)...
- Epstein-Barr virus-associated posttransplantation lymphoproliferative disorder after high-dose immunosuppressive therapy and autologous CD34-selected hematopoietic stem cell transplantation for severe autoimmune diseasesRichard A Nash
Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, WA 98109, USA
Biol Blood Marrow Transplant 9:583-91. 2003..The differences between equine and rabbit ATG are not yet clearly defined, and they should not be considered interchangeable in this regimen without further study...
- Cyclophosphamide in scleroderma lung diseaseKeith M Sullivan
N Engl J Med 355:1173-4; author reply 1174. 2006
- Normal interleukin-7 (IL7) levels and normal IL7 response to CD4 T lymphopenia in patients with multiple sclerosis and systemic sclerosisJan Storek
Clin Immunol 121:118-9. 2006
- High dose immunotherapy with stem cell rescue in severe systemic sclerosis: an idea that is moving forwardDaniel E Furst
J Rheumatol 31:2331-5. 2004