Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Serotonin transporter gene moderates the development of emotional problems among children following bullying victimizationKaren Sugden
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, 2020 West Main Street, Suite 201, Box 104410, Durham, NC 27708, USA
J Am Acad Child Adolesc Psychiatry 49:830-40. 2010..Being the victim of bullying is associated with a broad spectrum of emotional problems; however, not all children who are bullied go on to develop such problems...
- Early-Life Intelligence Predicts Midlife Biological AgeJonathan D Schaefer
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina
J Gerontol B Psychol Sci Soc Sci 71:968-977. 2016..e., individual variation in "biological age"). We examined whether intelligence could predict measures of aging at midlife before the onset of most age-related disease...
- Polygenic risk and the development and course of asthma: an analysis of data from a four-decade longitudinal studyDaniel W Belsky
Center for the Study of Aging and Human Development, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Duke University, Durham, NC, USA Electronic address
Lancet Respir Med 1:453-61. 2013..To integrate these new discoveries with emerging models of asthma pathobiology, we aimed to test how genetic discoveries relate to developmental and biological characteristics of asthma...
- Polygenic risk, rapid childhood growth, and the development of obesity: evidence from a 4-decade longitudinal studyDaniel W Belsky
Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Duke University, Grey House, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Arch Pediatr Adolesc Med 166:515-21. 2012..To test how genomic loci identified in genome-wide association studies influence the development of obesity...
- Is Adult ADHD a Childhood-Onset Neurodevelopmental Disorder? Evidence From a Four-Decade Longitudinal Cohort StudyTerrie E Moffitt
From the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, The Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Sciences, School of Medicine, the Center for Genomic and Computational Biology, and The Social Science Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, N C the Social, Genetic, and Developmental Psychiatry Centre, Institute of Psychiatry, King s College London the Department of Psychology, University of Otago, Dunedin, New Zealand the Department of Psychology, Arizona State University, Tempe the Department of Psychiatry, University of Sao Paulo Medical School, Sao Paulo, Brazil and the Department of Psychiatry, Federal University of Rio Grande do Sul, Porto Allegre, Brazil
Am J Psychiatry 172:967-77. 2015..The authors report follow-back analyses of ADHD cases diagnosed in adulthood, alongside follow-forward analyses of ADHD cases diagnosed in childhood, in one cohort...
- Is Toxoplasma Gondii Infection Related to Brain and Behavior Impairments in Humans? Evidence from a Population-Representative Birth CohortKaren Sugden
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, United States of America
PLoS ONE 11:e0148435. 2016..However, these studies are often conducted in clinical samples or convenience samples...
- Quantification of biological aging in young adultsDaniel W Belsky
Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710 Social Science Research Institute, Duke University, Durham, NC 27708
Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A 112:E4104-10. 2015..Measured biological aging in young adults can be used to identify causes of aging and evaluate rejuvenation therapies. ..
- Protective effect of CRHR1 gene variants on the development of adult depression following childhood maltreatment: replication and extensionGuilherme Polanczyk
Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Institute for Genome Sciences and Policy, Duke University, 2020 W Main St, Ste 201, Durham, NC 27708, USA
Arch Gen Psychiatry 66:978-85. 2009....
- Blood Substrate Collection and Handling Procedures under Pseudo-Field Conditions: Evaluation of Suitability for Inflammatory Biomarker MeasurementKaren Sugden
a Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, Duke University, Durham, NC, U S A, Center for Genomic and Computational Biology, Duke University, Durham, NC, U S A
Biodemography Soc Biol 61:273-84. 2015..These data indicate that plasma is suitable for IL-6 and CRP estimation under data collection conditions that involve processing delays...