Robert W Storms
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Extended passaging, but not aldehyde dehydrogenase activity, increases the chondrogenic potential of human adipose-derived adult stem cellsBradley T Estes
Departments of Surgery and Biomedical Engineering, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Cell Physiol 209:987-95. 2006..These findings suggest that the chondrogenic potential of ADAS cells increases with passage number, although ALDH may not be a suitable marker for chondrogenesis...
- Distinct hematopoietic progenitor compartments are delineated by the expression of aldehyde dehydrogenase and CD34Robert W Storms
Department of Medicine, Division of Cellular Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3361, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Blood 106:95-102. 2005..The differential expression of ALDH may provide a means to explore normal and malignant processes associated with myeloid and lymphoid development...
- Progenitor cell dose determines the pace and completeness of engraftment in a xenograft model for cord blood transplantationCongxiao Liu
Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Blood 116:5518-27. 2010..At lower progenitor cell doses, the chimerism was weak and the human hematopoietic lineage development was frequently incomplete...
- Inhibition of aldehyde dehydrogenase expands hematopoietic stem cells with radioprotective capacityGarrett G Muramoto
Division of Cellular Therapy, Department of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27710, USA
Stem Cells 28:523-34. 2010..Pharmacologic inhibition of ALDH has therapeutic potential as a means to amplify ST-HSCs for transplantation purposes...
- Preclinical characterization of DUOC-01, a cell therapy product derived from banked umbilical cord blood for use as an adjuvant to umbilical cord blood transplantation for treatment of inherited metabolic diseasesJoanne Kurtzberg
Robertson Clinical and Translational Cell Therapy Program, Duke Translational Medicine Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Cytotherapy 17:803-15. 2015..We developed the cell product DUOC-01 to provide therapeutic effects in the early post-transplant period...
- Mobilized peripheral blood SSCloALDHbr cells have the phenotypic and functional properties of primitive haematopoietic cells and their number correlates with engraftment following autologous transplantationPaul Fallon
Stem Cell Transplant Program, Moffitt Cancer Center, Tampa, FL, StemCo Biomedical, Durham, NC, USA
Br J Haematol 122:99-108. 2003..003 respectively). In summary, peripheral blood SSCloALDHbr cells have the phenotypic and functional properties of primitive haematopoietic cells and their number correlates with engraftment following autologous transplantation...
- Increased numbers of total nucleated and CD34+ cells in blood group O cord blood: an analysis of neonatal innate factors in the Korean populationHye Ryun Lee
Department of Laboratory Medicine, Seoul National University College of Medicine, Seoul, Korea
Transfusion 52:76-81. 2012..We analyzed neonatal factors that could affect hematopoietic variables of cord blood (CB) donated from Korean neonates...
- Targeting aldehyde dehydrogenase: a potential approach for cell labelingGanesan Vaidyanathan
Department of Radiology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Nucl Med Biol 36:919-29. 2009..Such an agent might be also helpful in identifying tumors that are resistant to cyclophosphomide chemotherapy because ALDH1 is known to be responsible for this resistance...
- Cytokine profile of human adipose-derived stem cells: expression of angiogenic, hematopoietic, and pro-inflammatory factorsGail E Kilroy
Stem Cell Biology Laboratory, Pennington Biomedical Research Center, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, USA
J Cell Physiol 212:702-9. 2007..We conclude that the ASCs display cytokine secretory properties similar to those reported for bone marrow-derived mesenchymal stem cells (MSCs)...
- Immunophenotype of human adipose-derived cells: temporal changes in stromal-associated and stem cell-associated markersJames B Mitchell
Cognate Therapeutics, Inc, Baltimore, MD, USA
Stem Cells 24:376-85. 2006....
- Variant forms of alpha-fetoprotein transcripts expressed in human hematopoietic progenitors. Implications for their developmental potential towards endodermHiroshi Kubota
Department of Cell and Molecular Physiology and Program in Molecular Biology and Biotechnology, University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Medicine, Chapel Hill, North Carolina 27599 7038, USA
J Biol Chem 277:27629-35. 2002..These results suggest that some hematopoietic progenitors are in a state that permits them to express certain types of transcripts that have been considered unique to endoderm...