Mahesh J Patel
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Metabolic deterioration of the sedentary control group in clinical trialsMahesh J Patel
Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Duke Univ Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Appl Physiol (1985) 111:1211-7. 2011..Improving the understanding of how these factors influence an individual's physical activity requirements will help advance the field and help move the field toward the development of more personalized physical activity recommendations...
- Evaluation of coronary artery calcium screening strategies focused on risk categories: the Dallas Heart StudyMahesh J Patel
Division of Cardiology, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX, USA
Am Heart J 157:1001-9. 2009..A strategy using coronary artery calcium (CAC) screening to refine coronary heart disease risk assessment in moderately high risk (MHR) subjects (10-year risk 10%-20%) has been suggested. The potential impact of this strategy is unknown...
- Application of the screening for Heart Attack Prevention and Education Task Force recommendations to an urban population: observations from the Dallas Heart StudyRaphael See
Donald W Reynolds Cardiovascular Clinical Research Center, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9047, USA
Arch Intern Med 168:1055-62. 2008....
- The association of differing measures of overweight and obesity with prevalent atherosclerosis: the Dallas Heart StudyRaphael See
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, The University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas 75390 9037, USA
J Am Coll Cardiol 50:752-9. 2007..This study sought to evaluate the associations between different measures of obesity and prevalent atherosclerosis in a large population-based cohort...
- Diabetes mellitus and trends in hospital survival after myocardial infarction, 1994 to 2006: data from the national registry of myocardial infarctionM Odette Gore
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas, Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390, USA
Circ Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 5:791-7. 2012..We assessed recent trends in hospital mortality for patients with MI according to DM status...
- Implications of family history of myocardial infarction in young womenMahesh J Patel
Division of Cardiology, Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX 75390 9034, USA
Am Heart J 154:454-60. 2007....
- Branched chain amino acids are novel biomarkers for discrimination of metabolic wellnessBryan C Batch
Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism, and Nutrition, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Metabolism 62:961-9. 2013..To identify novel biomarkers through metabolomic profiles that distinguish metabolically well (MW) from metabolically unwell (MUW) individuals, independent of body mass index (BMI)...
- Relation of family history of myocardial infarction and the presence of coronary arterial calcium in various age and risk factor groupsBinu Philips
Department of Internal Medicine, University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, Texas, USA
Am J Cardiol 99:825-9. 2007..05 for each). In conclusion, this study suggests that FHMI is a more important predictor of atherosclerosis in young compared with older adults and, among the young, in those with multiple CV risk factors...