Cynthia A Moylan
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Disparities in liver transplantation before and after introduction of the MELD scoreCynthia A Moylan
Division of Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, PO Box 3913, Durham, NC 27710, USA
JAMA 300:2371-8. 2008..Before MELD, black patients were more likely to die or become too sick to undergo liver transplantation compared with white patients. Little information exists regarding sex and access to liver transplantation...
- Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Disease: Key Considerations Before and After Liver TransplantationYuval A Patel
Division of Gastroenterology, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Duke University Medical Center, 905 South LaSalle Street, DUMC 3256, GSRB1, Durham, NC, 27710, USA
Dig Dis Sci 61:1406-16. 2016..It also highlights exciting areas where further research is needed, such as the role of bariatric surgery and preconditioning of marginal donor grafts...
- Role of patient factors, preferences, and distrust in health care and access to liver transplantation and organ donationJulius M Wilder
Division of Gastroenterology, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC
Liver Transpl 22:895-905. 2016..With improved patient and provider education and communication, many of these disparities could be successfully overcome. Liver Transplantation 22 895-905 2016 AASLD. ..
- Veterans health administration hepatitis B testing and treatment with anti-CD20 antibody administrationCHRISTINE M HUNT
Christine M Hunt, Cynthia A Moylan, Michael J Kelley, Dawn Provenzale, Department of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Durham, NC 27710, United States
World J Gastroenterol 22:4732-40. 2016..To evaluate pretreatment hepatitis B virus (HBV) testing, vaccination, and antiviral treatment rates in Veterans Affairs patients receiving anti-CD20 Ab for quality improvement...
- Vitamin D is Not Associated With Severity in NAFLD: Results of a Paired Clinical and Gene Expression Profile AnalysisYuval A Patel
Division of Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Am J Gastroenterol 111:1591-1598. 2016..We evaluated the association of VitD levels, hepatic gene expression for VitD metabolizing genes, and NAFLD histological severity...
- Pleiotrophin regulates the ductular reaction by controlling the migration of cells in liver progenitor nichesGregory A Michelotti
Division of Gastroenterology, Duke University, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Gut 65:683-92. 2016..We hypothesised that the DR is regulated by PTN/PTPRZ1 signalling...
- Hepatic gene expression profiles differentiate presymptomatic patients with mild versus severe nonalcoholic fatty liver diseaseCynthia A Moylan
Department of Medicine, Duke University, Durham, NC Department of Medicine, Durham Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC
Hepatology 59:471-82. 2014..Ingenuity Pathway Analysis and IHC confirmed deregulation of metabolic and regenerative pathways in severe NAFLD and revealed overlap among the gene expression patterns of severe NAFLD, cardiovascular disease, and cancer...
- Treatment of hepatitis C in special populationsCynthia A Moylan
Division of Gastroenterology and Duke Clinical Research Institute, Duke University Medical Center, Box 3913, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Clin Liver Dis 9:567-77, v. 2005..This article reviews recent findings from research in these patient groups and examines future directions and treatment trials...