James T Cavanaugh
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Recovery of postural control after cerebral concussion: new insights using approximate entropyJames T Cavanaugh
Department of Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
J Athl Train 41:305-13. 2006..The return-to-play decision after sport-related cerebral concussion depends in part on knowing when an athlete has fully recovered postural control after injury...
- A nonlinear dynamic approach for evaluating postural control: new directions for the management of sport-related cerebral concussionJames T Cavanaugh
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina, USA
Sports Med 35:935-50. 2005..It is recommended as an important supplemental assessment tool for determining an athlete's readiness to resume competitive activity...
- Using step activity monitoring to characterize ambulatory activity in community-dwelling older adultsJames T Cavanaugh
Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 55:120-4. 2007..To explore the potential of using step activity monitoring to detect differences in ambulatory activity associated with advancing age and declining function in community-dwelling seniors...
- Lessons learned when innovations go awry: a baseline description of a behavioral trial-the Enhancing Fitness in Older Overweight Veterans with Impaired Fasting Glucose studyKatherine S Hall
Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC, USA
Transl Behav Med 1:573-587. 2011..This study presents baseline participant characteristics and discusses unwelcome adaptations to a highly innovative study design to increase PA and enhance glucose metabolism when the best-laid plans went awry...
- Comparison of head- and body-velocity trajectories during locomotion among healthy and vestibulopathic subjectsJames T Cavanaugh
Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center, Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, NC 27705, USA
J Rehabil Res Dev 42:191-8. 2005..We discuss implications for locomotor training in patients with vestibulopathy...
- Enhanced fitness: a randomized controlled trial of the effects of home-based physical activity counseling on glycemic control in older adults with prediabetes mellitusMiriam C Morey
Geriatric Research, Education, and Clinical Center, Veterans Affairs Medical Center, Durham, North Carolina 27705, USA
J Am Geriatr Soc 60:1655-62. 2012..To determine whether a home-based multicomponent physical activity counseling (PAC) intervention is effective in reducing glycemic measures in older outpatients with prediabetes mellitus...
- Approximate entropy detects the effect of a secondary cognitive task on postural control in healthy young adults: a methodological reportJames T Cavanaugh
Department of Physical Therapy, University of New England, Portland, ME, USA
J Neuroeng Rehabil 4:42. 2007..Our purpose was to further explore the responsiveness of ApEn by using it to evaluate the immediate, short-term effect of secondary cognitive task performance on postural control in healthy, young adults...