J P Baker
Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Lessons from the pastAlex F Robertson
Department of Pediatrics, Brody School of Medicine, East Carolina University, 600 Moye Boulevard, Greenville, NC 27858 4354, USA
Semin Fetal Neonatal Med 10:23-30. 2005..The efficacy and safety of these methods is unproven. Risks will never disappear from medicine. The question of what risks are 'acceptable' is, in general, unanswerable...
- Immunization and the American way: 4 childhood vaccinesJ P Baker
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Public Health 90:199-207. 2000....
- The incubator and the medical discovery of the premature infantJ P Baker
Department of Pediatrics, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
J Perinatol 20:321-8. 2000..It also illustrates how the history of technology involves more than invention. The invention of the incubator itself was less significant than the development of a system to support the device...
- The pertussis vaccine controversy in Great Britain, 1974-1986Jeffrey P Baker
Center for the Study of Medical Ethics and Humanities, Duke University, Box 3040 DUMC, Durham, NC, USA
Vaccine 21:4003-10. 2003..It argues that anti-vaccinationism, far from being simply a new development related to the public's lack of awareness of childhood vaccine-preventable illness, actually represents a revival of a much older movement...
- Childhood vaccine development: an overviewJeffrey P Baker
Department of Pediatrics, and Center for the Study of Medical Ethics and Humanities, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, U SA
Pediatr Res 55:347-56. 2004..The history of vaccine research and development has important implications for today, as a variety of factors threaten to fragment this network...
- Mercury, vaccines, and autism: one controversy, three historiesJeffrey P Baker
Trent Center for Bioethics, Humanities, and History of Medicine, Duke University School of Medicine, Box 3040, Duke University Medical Center, Durham, NC 27710, USA
Am J Public Health 98:244-53. 2008..An understanding of this history provides important lessons for physicians and policymakers seeking to preserve the public's trust in the nation's vaccine system...
- Regulation of GRP94: Targeting Novel Cancer TherapeuticsJeffrey Baker; Fiscal Year: 2004..Together, the proposed analysis will lead to a greater understanding of GRP94 as a novel anti-cancer target. ..