Affiliation: Duke University Medical Center
- Preprocedural fasting state and adverse events in children undergoing procedural sedation and analgesia in a pediatric emergency departmentDewesh Agrawal
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA, USA
Ann Emerg Med 42:636-46. 2003..We characterize the fasting status of patients receiving procedural sedation and analgesia in a pediatric ED and assess the relationship between fasting status and adverse events...
- Diagnostic value of immature neutrophils (bands) in the cerebrospinal fluid of children with cerebrospinal fluid pleocytosisJohn T Kanegaye
Division of Emergency Medicine, Rady Children s Hospital San Diego, 3020 Children s Way, MC 5075, San Diego, CA 92123, USA
Pediatrics 123:e967-71. 2009..We evaluated the diagnostic utility of the presence and number of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) bands in distinguishing bacterial from aseptic meningitis among children with CSF pleocytosis...
- Effect of antibiotic pretreatment on cerebrospinal fluid profiles of children with bacterial meningitisLise E Nigrovic
Children s Hospital Boston and Harvard Medical School, Boston, MA 02115, USA
Pediatrics 122:726-30. 2008..The goal of this study was to evaluate the effect of antibiotic administration before lumbar puncture on cerebrospinal fluid profiles in children with bacterial meningitis...
- Bispectral index monitoring quantifies depth of sedation during emergency department procedural sedation and analgesia in childrenDewesh Agrawal
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital Boston, USA
Ann Emerg Med 43:247-55. 2004..We determine the ability of the bispectral index to monitor depth of nondissociative procedural sedation and analgesia in children...
- Children with bacterial meningitis presenting to the emergency department during the pneumococcal conjugate vaccine eraLise E Nigrovic
Division of Emergency Medicine, Children s Hospital, Boston, MA, USA
Acad Emerg Med 15:522-8. 2008..The epidemiology of bacterial meningitis in children in the era of widespread heptavalent conjugate pneumococcal vaccination (PCV7) is unknown...