Affiliation: Drexel University
- Women and attention deficit disorders: a great burden overlookedRoberta Waite
Center for Health Disparities Research, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
J Am Acad Nurse Pract 19:116-25. 2007....
- Adults with ADHD: who are we missing?Roberta Waite
Drexel University, School of Nursing, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:670-8. 2010....
- Findings from a study of aspiring nursing student leadersRoberta Waite
College of Nursing and Health Professions, Drexel University, 1601 Cherry St, Three Parkway 707, Philadelphia PA, United States Electronic address
Nurse Educ Today 35:1307-11. 2015..Transformational leadership skills are critical to operate effectively in today's healthcare environment. Prelicensure nurses do not often practice these skills in a meaningful way during their undergraduate educational experience...
- The embodiment of authentic leadershipRoberta Waite
Assistant Dean of Academic Integration and Evaluation of Community Programs, Associate Professor, Drexel University, Doctoral Nursing Department, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Philadelphia, PA Electronic address
J Prof Nurs 30:282-91. 2014..Critical pedagogy and action-oriented learning strategies also proved beneficial to student engagement. ..
- Providers' perspectives on collaborationPatricia Bruner
Department Couple and Family Therapy, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Int J Integr Care 11:e123. 2011..clinical nurses, social workers, dental providers, mental health providers, clerical staff, medical assistants, public health staff, and administrators) within a federally qualified nurse managed health care centre in the United States...
- Context, health, and cultural competence: nurse managed health care centers serving the communityRoberta Waite
Faculty Integration and Evaluation of Community Programs at Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Interdisciplinary Research Unit, Doctoral Nursing Department, 1505 Race Street, Bellet Bldg, 527, MS 1030, Philadelphia, USA
J Cult Divers 20:190-4. 2013..Shifting patient population demographics and the need to strengthen APNs understanding of social-structural conditions that limit health and wellbeing will be discussed...
- Childhood trauma and adult self-reported depressionRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Interdisciplinary, Research Unit, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
ABNF J 23:8-13. 2012..Discernment that ACEs lead to risk behaviors that subsequently increase the likelihood of depression could provide insight that can improve prevention efforts...
- ADHD among a cohort of ethnic minority womenRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Interdisciplinary Research Unit, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Women Health 50:71-87. 2010..Broader criteria that demonstrate equitable assessment and recognition of attention deficit-hyperactivity disorder symptoms for both genders are requisite to promote effective interventions and recovery...
- A model for parental ADHD: help-seeking and readiness to changeRoberta Waite
Drexel University, School of Nursing, 1505 Race Street, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 31:793-803. 2010..A model for conceptualizing and addressing issues of readiness for change for parents with ADHD is also proposed...
- Assessment for and response to adverse childhood experiencesRoberta Waite
College of Nursing and Health Professions, Interdisciplinary Research Unit, Doctoral Nursing Department, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 48:51-61. 2010..In addition, screening measures for ACEs will be presented, along with discussion about ethical responsibilities of health professionals and researchers in asking about abuse...
- Explanatory models and help-seeking behavior for attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder among a cohort of postsecondary studentsRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 24:247-59. 2010..These finding have implications for nurses when providing culturally appropriate care to individuals with ADHD in their practice settings...
- Women with ADHD: it is an explanation, not the excuse du jourRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Interdisciplinary Research Unit, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA
Perspect Psychiatr Care 46:182-96. 2010..To call attention to attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) as a psychiatric disorder that can limit women's potential and overall well-being...
- Unveiling the mystery about adult ADHD: one woman's journeyRoberta Waite
School of Nursing, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Issues Ment Health Nurs 30:547-53. 2009..This case example of a 38-year-old African American woman illustrates how her life journey was affected by undiagnosed ADHD...
- Perspectives about depression: explanatory models among African-American womenRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Arch Psychiatr Nurs 23:323-33. 2009..Data was organized and managed with Atlas/ti 5.12, while content analysis was used to disclose the relevant themes presented in the paper...
- Cultural proficiency: a Hispanic woman with ADHD--a case exampleRoberta Waite
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Philadelphia, USA
J Atten Disord 13:424-32. 2010..Diagnostic criteria may therefore be limited, especially regarding gender differences and other associated cultural, familial, socio-environmental, and individual influences...
- Promoting culturally sensitive ADHD services for women: an individual example and a call to actionRoberta Waite
Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19064, USA
J Psychosoc Nurs Ment Health Serv 47:26-33. 2009..The purpose of this article is to provide a research overview of adult ADHD and to share a reflective life journey of an African American woman who was diagnosed with ADHD as an adult...
- Factors that shape mental health treatment-seeking behaviors of HIV-positive African-American women with depressive symptoms: a review of the literatureRoberta Waite
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, 1505 Race Street, Mail Stop 1030, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
J Natl Black Nurses Assoc 19:50-8. 2008..Knowledge gained from this paper can support the promotion of health and can prevent or manage depressive symptoms among this vulnerable group...
- Health beliefs about depression among African American womenRoberta Waite
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Perspect Psychiatr Care 44:185-95. 2008..A qualitative descriptive research study was conducted to explore the health beliefs of African American women and depression to improve insight regarding treatment decisions...
- The psychiatric educational experiences of advance beginner RNsRoberta Waite
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Mail Stop 501, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Nurse Educ Today 26:131-8. 2006..This study suggests that some nursing educational programs can improve their curriculum, methods of teaching and approach used to introduce students to psychiatric mental health nursing...
- Culturally sensitive collaborative care models: exploration of a community-based health centerPatricia Bruner
Department of Couple and Family Therapy, Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA 19102, USA
Fam Syst Health 29:155-70. 2011....
- The standardized patient experience in undergraduate nursing educationLinda Wilson
Drexel University, College of Nursing and Health Professions, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19102, USA
Stud Health Technol Inform 122:830. 2006..This requirement has resulted in positive student outcomes and increased student satisfaction...
- A snapshot of patients' perceptions of oncology providers' cultural competenceMaureen P Davey
Department of Couple and Family Therapy, Drexel University, 7th Floor, Room 718, 1601 Cherry Street, Mail Stop 71042, Philadelphia, PA, 19102, USA
J Cancer Educ 29:657-64. 2014..23, p = 0.02). The PCCPS demonstrated good reliability in an urban diverse cancer patient population. Results help to inform the development of clinical tools that can improve oncology providers' cultural competency...
- Short-form mindfulness-based stress reduction reduces anxiety and improves health-related quality of life in an inner-city populationBrad Smith
Stephen and Sandra Sheller 11th Street Family Health Services, Drexel University, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Holist Nurs Pract 29:70-7. 2015..8; P = .016), and Mental Health (+15.6; P < .001) subscales. These findings suggest that an abbreviated mindfulness-based stress reduction course can serve to reduce anxiety and improve quality of life in an underserved population. ..
- Social energy exchange theory for postpartum depressionBobbie Posmontier
Drexel University, Philadelphia, PA, USA
J Transcult Nurs 22:15-21. 2011....
- The gift of listening: JUST listening strategiesSharon Browning
JUST Listening Project, Philadelphia, PA, USA
Nurs Forum 45:150-8. 2010..Given the significant role that advance practice nurses have in directing patient care, integrative listening can be valuable in shaping patient care...
- Patient-provider race-concordance: does it matter in improving minority patients' health outcomes?Salimah H Meghani
NewCourtland Center for Transitions and Health, School of Nursing, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, USA
Ethn Health 14:107-30. 2009..To understand if patient-provider race-concordance is associated with improved health outcomes for minorities...